Hope

-------------------CHRIS ---------------------

"Scissors " the Pack doctor, Amy Georgie , barked out to her assistant Byron.

He handed them over a stricken look on his face as he looked down at Sam.

A loud growl escaped me as he looked at Sam. She was half naked and now in her bra and panties as Amy cut away her remaining clothes.

I looked away, I couldnt see Sam like this.

She was so bloody, so beat up, so breakable.

"You wanted to be in here now help by getting out of the way!" She snapped, pushing past me.

Originally I would have growled at her disrespect, but I was to worried about Sam.

Byron handed her something then Amy was sticking an IV in Sam's broken arm.

"Dammit Chris you better tell me what happened to her! She's barely alive, and she looks like she was someone's punching bag!" Amy growled while wiping a wet cloth over Sam's face, arms and legs wiping away the blood.

I didn't realize I was crying until Amy looked up and handed me a tissue from nearby.

I couldn't lose Sam, she meant everything to me!

"Also why did you bring her here ? Shouldn't she be at a human hospital? "

I moved back as she walked past me and rolled a cart with a lot of sharp tools on it.

"She's my Mate" I said, never looking away from Sam.

I watched as she struggled to breathe. Her face was purple and red, her eyes swollen shut her lip busted.

My baby looked in so much pain and all I wanted to do was kill her parents.

"What?" Amy looked at me wide eyed 'That's not possible! She's ...."

"Human yeah I know. Or at least half human, as far as I know." I shrugged, "I don't want to talk about that now. "

She nodded and got back to work.

Sam was cleaned, her broken arm snapped back into place and her ribs taped.

All through this Sam made no sound, and that scared me.

"That's all I can do for now , but now it's up to her. Her heart is trying hard to keep the blood pumping " Amy grimaced, worry lines sorrounded her mouth " If her heart beat slows even more...."

I didn't need her to finished that sentence.

Sam would die.

"I'll be nearby if she needs me."

"Thank you Amy" I whispered.

"I just wish I could have done more"

Then she walked away.

I sat down heavily in a nearby chair and put my head in my hands.

The worst case scenarios coursing through my mind.

If Sam died, life wouldn't be worth living.

And nothing would stop me from killing her parents! Fuck the council! Fuck the consequences!

I would kill them slowly and painfully.

I would make them wish they were never born!

A blanket was placed around my shoulders and I looked up to find Don.