Wattpad Original
There are 19 more free parts

Chapter Fourteen

Maddie

The ride to wherever it is we're going to is pure and utter hell. I'm drumming my fingertips on my knee to the tune of Mr. Brightside that's blaring softly through Cam's fancy car stereo. The leather of the seat feels so uncomfortable against my skin from how much I'm sweating. I'm trying desperately to get his intoxicating cologne out of my nose, but I can't. He smells way too damn good.

Why is it that I can't be within two feet of him without all of these sexual thoughts coming to mind? I remind myself of the way Cam used to be. Completely and utterly obsessed with nothing but sex.

"I like your hair by the way," he says. "Not that I didn't like it brown, but your blonde curls always get to me."

Letting out a loud breath, I turn to face him, inwardly groaning when I do. He's got one hand on the steering wheel, his forearm flexing as he grips it. His hands are big, the veins clearly noticeable as he turns the wheel to go onto another street.

"Thank you," I can hardly choke out. My heart feels like it's going a mile a minute.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I should know by now that he knows me better than anyone. He can probably read right through me. "I'm sorry if the comment made you uncomfortable."

I need to get a grip. He wants to have a fun time with me tonight, and I want to as well. I can't let my stupid hormones get in the way.

"It didn't. Sorry. I guess I'm just a little nervous. It's been a while since we've done something together like this."

He leans over to turn up the heat, and then he rests his hand right on my knee. I bite down on my lip, praying that we get there as soon as possible to wherever the hell it is we're going. Otherwise, I'm going to ask him to pull over this damn car.

"Nothing has changed for me." He chuckles and squeezes my knee. "That's what I like the most about us. All of this time can pass, but when we're together we pick right back up where we left off."

I'm trying to think of something to respond to that when he slows down the car and glances out of my window at the restaurant signs we pass by. We're in downtown Phoenix, which is close to his apartment I think. He said he's staying near the college campus.

"Okay, we're here," he says and swiftly parallel parks the SUV. "Does it look familiar?"

It's completely dark out now, so I can't really see anything other than the fact that the sign on the building says Clifton's Tacos. I've never been here before.

"Uh..." I trail off, completely confused. "Not really? Is it supposed to?"

Cam laughs. "Come on. Let's go."

He comes around to open the door for me, and there goes that damn scent again. He smells minty and fresh. It's delightful.

I appreciate his outfit as he leads the way to the door of the building. He makes a plain v-neck white t-shirt look like it should be in fashion week, and those shorts make his legs look...wait.

Reaching out to grip his arm to turn him around, my eyes widen when I point to the back of his calf. There's a huge cross tattoo staring back at me. "You got a tattoo?" I ask in disbelief. "Since when? How am I just now noticing this? We slept together for crying out loud!"

"In the dark," he states. "You probably just didn't see it. I mean, we weren't really in any positions where you could have seen it. I was the one giving you-"

"Okay," I emphasize, desperately trying to block out the memory of the intense orgasm he gave me that night. "Point made, but still. I can't believe it."