{74}- Kararagi City States | Worth of One's Strength

Haha! Did you expect my update? If so, thank you for having confidence in my time management. If not, we're going on mass updates starting next week, preferably once per two days! Spring break is a good opportunity to gather my thoughts and pour it onto here, just like I do with my heart and soul (not literally, but yes). Anyways, I hope this will set up Arc 6 that will come a lot later, which will be even more exciting as it is now!

P.S. Discord Alpha Test will be welcoming members on March 17 instead, so get ready to give some ideas as well as some opinions for the channel! I will send y'all the invite link in your Wattpad dms if you want to join during next week, and if you do want to join, just comment here or dm me for it, thx!

Y/N POV

As soon as we entered the vicinity of Kararagi, I told Valgren to reduce his size, and he flew into the capsule through a window. Meanwhile, the capsule entered auto-flight, which is literally just gliding with the giant flap above our heads while Palmyra and Omega helped push it with Wind Magic from behind.

A fast and efficient type of travel. Although Meili's mabeasts are awesome for land travel, this is better for long distances where we didn't need the protection of thousands of monsters.

After a few minutes, we landed in a field near a mansion, and my Battalion exited the capsule before I shoved it into my Dimensional Storage. Taking a leisure stroll down the hill, I encountered a servant of the mansion in question, who seemed to be quite confused.

"Is this the residence of the Fierce Merchant, Riften Magoji?" I asked, and the servant's eyes widened. "I wish to speak to your master. Tell him that the Liberator has arrived."

"Y-Yes! I will go fetch him right away!"

Riften Magoji. Also known as the Fierce Merchant, he's one of the top dogs of Kararagi. Although not famous enough to stand beside the Fang of Iron and the Scratch of Silver, his group was still renowned throughout the country. Imagine my surprise when I heard his name, the employer of Subaru is Sloth IF, when I saved one of his majorly important trading carts from getting robbed.

That was around 6 months ago, and we exchanged letters since. I gave him just a few ideas on what to sell on the market, such as simple lighters for cigarettes. Of course, I don't intend on selling out all the technological advancements to him, those are reserved for Anastasia when she comes to negotiate with me. Hehe.

We entered a giant hall, and all twelve of us sat down on the long couch that Riften kindly prepared for us. After the servant set up his seat, Riften entered the hall, and I stood up to greet him.

"Welcome, Liberator. I'm sorry to be unprepared for your arrival, as you have arrived quite urgently, it seems."

"Fret not, dear friend. It's the first time we're meeting in person, after all. Come, let us both take a seat, and discuss what happened for both of us in the past month, shall we?"

Riften smiled and took my offer before we sat across each other, and we began telling the story that we both yearned to hear from each other over the past 6 months.

Riften seemed to succeed in his tradings with the lighter blueprint I sent him, and since I knew that the merchant world is cruel, and somebody would definitely copy my design before long, I told Riften to get innovative on the modifications of the lighter, so that he does not get outclassed too soon.

On the other hand, Riften was extremely interested in my stories, which involved the recent battle in Priestella. He seemed completely amazed that I defeated and reformed an archbishop, which, to him, was an impossible task. Of course, during this, I could sense Capella causing some mischief behind my back, because Riften would look behind me and occasionally have a pale face whenever her name was mentioned.