The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: Persistence

How long has it been?

Days?

Weeks?

Months?

Years?

Dark.

Silent.

Cold.

The falling dust of debris makes the loudest bit of noise if you would count that. The voice in your head is the loudest. Instead of dread and desperation, what people normally feel, you feel bored.

It's not the first time you felt this lonely silence, nor being held captive. Normally, you sleep through it to pass the time. But this was different. Having that oh-so-familiar gut feeling keeps you awake. You know that Zane is down here somewhere, in this bizarre maze of cells. You don't want to miss any leads. Sure, there is the possibility that he isn't here or even alive, but going with your gut saved you multiple times before.

What's not to trust? Have a little faith in yourself, (Y/n).

So you sit there wide awake, staring into the empty void of darkness. Resting against the wall, you lick your lips. You feel your heart pumping with adrenaline and sweat in your palms.

A sudden giggle escapes your throat before more and more emerged. It was addicting, so amazing and terrible.

.

.

.

Nah I'm just kidding. Probably been here a day or two.

​​​​​"What to do, what to do..."

You nod your head to a made-up rhythm as you tap the side of your thighs to the beat. Your eyes wander the room aimlessly before you brush the floor with a hand. There is a hard, cold, uneven floor with cracks branching out. You could feel some chalky dirt on your fingertips.

You huff as you play with it, moving your hand around to make random patterns. "Why are things so dark in here? I mean, there's an opening on the door."