Learning to breath

I wake up to rays of sunshine shining in my face. God damn i should seriously learn to shut my curtains before i go to sleep!
My eyes shoot open as the events of last night suddenly flood my brain.
Eric, of all people, told me he loved me. I still couldn't believe he did. I still couldn't believe what i did!
I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach, something I've never really felt before. It scared me, but it also made me finally feel loved and safe.
I feel his arm slung loosely around my waist and his soft snoring from behind. I turn around to face him and he tightens his grip on me but doesnt seem to have woken up yet. I could see that he still had dark bags under his eyes and for a second i wonder if he had a single goodnight sleep since i left.
I bring my hand up and softly caress his cheek.
The corners of his lips tug upwards.
"Mmmmm...", he mutters and pulls me closer to him.
I can smell his cologne, the one i gave him for his birthday, and his favorite shampoo in his hair.
I snuggle deeper into his bare chest and cant help but smile.
I couldnt believe that over all the girls he could have, he chose me, his best friend.
How cliché.
He takes one of my curls and starts playing with it, with his eyes still closed, the smile he had on his face never leaving his lips.
I start tracing the maze patterns on his forearm until i reach his hand and intertwine my fingers with his.
"We should get up soon...", i mutter, hating the fact that Max had assigned us to oversee the new initiates training.
"Way to ruin the moment, cupcake.", he answers, his voice still raspy from sleep.
I chuckle and give him a peck on the lips.
"Come on sleepyhead, work awaits!", i say a little louder and shoot out of the bed.
But soon after his arms snake around my waist and he pulls me back onto the bed forcefully so that he is now towering above me, his arms on either side of my head.
He smirks as i huff out in frustration.
He puts the loose curl ,which was on my forehead, behind my ear and looks at me.
Its silent between us for a long time.
"You are so beautiful you know that?", he says lowly making me blush.
Well, thats a first. Eric never made me blush. And that dickhole knew it!
I slap his bicep playfully as he laughs at my reaction and roll my eyes.
"We have to go, or else we are going to be late! No time for compliments now, big bear!", i say and bring him down with me so i could roll on top of him and then out of bed, without him stopping me. He just laughs the whole time, while i look for some clothes to wear.
I put on a loose black tank top amd some skinny black jeans and some black slippers i brush my hair and my teeth and then slip on my leaders vest.
I touch the rough material. I havent worn it in so long.
I go back into the bedroom to find Eric finished also.
He smirks when he sees me and pulls me into his chest so im forced to look at him.
"Did i ever tell you that you look smoking hot in that vest?", he mutters right next to my ear while trailing his hands down my spine and i close my eyes slightly shivering.
"Did i ever tell you that you are the most horny person I've ever met.", i mock and he rolls his eyes while making his way out of my apartment, me following close behind.
We march down the oh so familiar hallways of dauntless, our arms slightly brushing against eachother. I wish i could take his hand now.
He had crossed his armes behind his back and had put on his expressionless face on he was back in leadermode again, so it wouldn't be a good idea to be holding hands.
We make our way to the messing hall, and as soon as we enter everyone goes silent for a second before bursting into loud cheering.
We make our way to the leaders table and i frown and lean in to Eric.
"Did you make a bet out of your little declaration?", i mutter.
He shakes his head and laughs for a second so that nobody would see.
"They're cheering because thanks to you our system is better now, the people are happier.", he explains,"well and also because you survived a bullet to the chest, which is basically the most dauntless thing there is."
I snort and we sit down infront of Max and Lauren.
"You officially became a legend, Grace!", Lauren shouts over the noise and i laugh shaking my head.

*30 minutes later on the roof*

"Today we are going to shoot. Everyone grab a gun and some ammo!", i shout and the transfers scurrie away.
"God, now I know why Eric was such a dick in training. I feel so mighty right now.", Tris chuckles beside me and i smirk.
"Yeah well being leader has its advantages. I mean you get huge ass apartments.", i say and shrug.
"True, but Max made a dickmove by pulling me and Four apart so now im stuck with you. No offense.", she says and winks.
I laugh. "Non taken sweetie, to be honest i kinda hoped i would be with Eric on this one. But oh well, you're fun too.", i say making her smile weirdly at me.
I narrow my eyes at her. "What?", i ask suspiciously.
She doesnt say anything for a while before starting to poke me in the sides and jumping like a little schoolgirl.
"I know about youuu and Eeeeric.", she sings and i roll my eyes and slap her hand away.
Before i can retort anything i hear one of the Candor transfers brag.
"Why do they make us shoot on the roof? Complete nonsense this is way too easy.", he yawns and rotates the gun in his hand lazily.
I was about to step forward but Tris holds me back.
"I'll take this one.", she hisses. And i indicate for her to continue smirking amused. I've never seen Tris angry, but I'll tell you that it is one hell of a funny sight.
I cross my arms in front of my chest and watch the scene unfold before me.
Tris rushes towards the boy, rips the gun out of his hand and presses it to his temple.
"You're holding a loaded in your hand idiot, have some responibility and keep your damn Candor mouth shut!", she hisses, making the poor boy flinch and start to shake. She puts the gun back in his shaking hands and indicates the others to start shooting.
I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing out loud.
"Did you just seriously pull a 'Four' ?", i ask disbelief in my voice. She looks back at me and shrugs apologetically.
"Too much?", she asks lowly.
I shake my head and squeeze her side.
"Nope, it looked badass.", i reassure and she smiles at me.

We moved on to knife throwing after lunch which was very frustrating for the both of us since the transfers seemed to have no clue about whats going on.
"Your stance is completely wrong.", i say and kick some initiates feet apart while adjusting the arm which was supposed to throw.
"Now throw.", i say coldly and watch as the knife flys towards the target, burying itself into the center. I give a nod of approval and move on.
After almost an hour passed we let the initiates go and started putting the knives away.
I was just cleaning the last knife with a henkerchief when im suddenly tapped on the shoulder.
I turn around and look at Uriah, who stood before me a certain confidence in his eyes. I didnt really know him but i knew his brother Zeke since we were in initiation together. He also attempted to hit on me twice, but that didnt stop me being friends with him eventhough Eric hated his guts.
I raise an eyebrow exceptionally, crossing my arms infront of my chest.
"I was looking for Tris did you see her?", he asks and i look around to spot her in the far corner of the training hall. I whistle, which makes her head turn towards us.
Her face lightens up when she sees Uriah and they soon approach eachother.
I turn around again and continue cleaning the knife until i hear them talking behind me.
"So who's that hot stuff over there?", Uriah asks and i roll my eyes.
"Seriously Uri, stop, shes a leader and shes taken.", Tris says with a certain urgency.
But it didnt seem as if Uriah would listen since he was leaning on the knife table, looking me up and down and smirking seductively. I just ignore him and keep rubbing the blade hoping he would go away soon. I wasnt in the mood for any type of fight.
"Sooo... Whats your name hot stuff?", he asks smiling at me.
I glance at him briefly. "The names Grace, and im not hot stuff im your leader so have some respect, Uriah.", i spit which makes him laugh.
He steps closer to me until his chest is right next to my shoulder. He leans in to my ear and i could feel his hot breath on my skin which made me uncomfortable. I tense as he speaks.
"Feisty i see. I like girls like you, hard to get but wild in-", he whispers but is cut of by a hand grabbing his shoulder roughly and squeezing it so it would hurt.
I look up to see no other than Eric with his eyebrow raised questioningly and anger in his eyes.
"Wild in where?", he growls.
"Uhhm, Eric heyyy, yeah nowhere, nowhere i was just messing around you know?", he says and puts his hands up in surrender.
"I hope so for you, because shes mine.", Eric states while pulling me into his chest so that my back was turned to Eric.
Uriahs eyes widen for a moment and then he rushes out of the room mumbeling something.
Tris laughes shaking her head and puts some knives away.
I could feel Erics heartbeat on my back and his breath on my neck as we were standing there. He kisses my neck a few times before spinning me around and crashing his lips onto mine.
I smile into the kiss and bring my arms around his neck. Suddenly we are interrupted by Tris making gag noises, so we break apart and i laugh while Eric rolls his eyes.
"Come on Stiff dont play so innocent. Its not like you and Four didnt do that before, or are just tying eachothers shoelaces all day?", he says sarcastically and i bite my lip so i wouldn't laugh.
She rolls her eyes as we make our way to the messing hall again.
"Oh shut up Eric.", Tris retorts and starts walking faster. He just smirks and his arm tightens around my waist whenever someone passed by us.
We soon arrive at the messing hall but before i could enter Eric slows us down and brings his lips to my ear.
"We'll continue later, dont think i forgot.", he says and slaps my butt before stepping into the messing hall. I gasp and glare at the back of his head.
What a dick!

A/N

Soooooo, this chapter sucked! Sorry about that but i am officially out of ideas!!!
I know how I'll end this story but i have no idea what to do next since it's not the end... Yet.
If you want me to do something special or if you have any ideas, please DM me or put it in the comments! I would really appreciate that!
Other than that, what are your thought on this chap? Comment and vote if you likes it!
Love you!
S-