Part 5 | Friends

Loki had officially been at the tower for three months now. Other than pranks and general mischief, he was actually quite nice. When he felt like it of course, and only to those who had earned his respect.

You, Nat, Clint and Bucky had so far earned this respect. He based most of his mischief around Tony, much to the amusement of everyone else.

"This place is amazing!!"

You looked up from your book to see Peter leading two people inside. Loki placed his book on top of your face, snicking when you flipped him off.

"Hey Pete, how was school?" You asked him, poking your tongue out at Loki. You were currently lying on the couch with your head in his lap, both reading.

"It's was great Miss Y/n! These are my friends MJ and Ned!" He replied excitedly, bouncing over to the two of you.

"Are you two dating?" Ned asked eagerly.

You pretended to gag while Loki wrinkled his nose.

"Gods no. This is a mutual agreement for toleration of each other" Loki answered.

Ned looked baffled. "Basically we put up with each other because it's better than Pietro or Sam" you explained.

"Hey!" The other two chorused, sulking at you from where they were playing Hungry Hippos.

"Oi!" Sam exclaimed, glaring at Pietro as he used his super speed to steal all the balls.

Pietro poked his tongue out at him in response before running away screaming as the Falcon chased after him.

"See" you and Loki commented at the same time.

"Anyway, nice to meet you! I'm Ned! I assume you two are Y/n and Loki?" Ned said, holding out his hand.

The girl (who you assumed was MJ) snickered when you both just stared at him, causing Ned to awkwardly pull his hand back.

"I'm MJ. Personally you two are much cooler than this idiot, you know, all the brooding" MJ said, giving you both a thumbs up.

Peter sulked at MJ. "I don't brood" Loki grumbled.

"He's just depressed" you smirked, standing up. He grabbed the back of your shirt and pulled, throwing you onto the floor.

"Fuck off Loki" you groaned, stabbing him in the calf as he smirked down at you.

"Mr Stark has announced that we are having a baking competition. All team members and guests are to meet in the kitchen" Friday announced.

"Come on idiot" Loki smirked, taking your hand and pulling you up off the floor.

"You're the idiot" you grumbled, poking him in the arm as you followed Peter and his friends into the kitchen.

—————————————-

"Y/N!"

"That's me."

Bruce ran frantically around the kitchen, trying to put out the flames.

"Y/N YOU'RE A BLOODY DEMON USE YOUR FIRE POWERS OR SOMETHING!" Tony shouted, waving at the burning oven with a tea-towel.

"TONY WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THAT??" Nat shrieked, grabbing his hand and taking the material. "YOU'RE MAKING IT WORSE!"

"Really?"

Laughing, you waved your hand, extinguishing the flames. Loki waved his hand as well, returning everything back to pristine condition.

"I thought you were a genius you douche, waving at a flame makes it bigger" Nat groaned, smacking the billionaire on the head with a cookbook.

"Right. So that went well" you commented sarcastically, earning glares from your team members. MJ snickered. "Anyway, I'm going back to my cupcakes. Loki, stop eating the icing."

"But it tastes good."

You poked him with a spatula. "That's the point. But I'm not going to have any left if you keep eating it."

He easily duplicated the bowl, leaving a fresh one for you and stealing the second one.

"Who would have thought a God likes icing?" Steve said, looking over at a rather pleased Loki.

"It's not really a surprise, that one loves pop tarts" you replied, pointing at Thor.

"Indeed I do" he declared proudly. He was currently making a poptart tower as his baking entry.

After half an hour of more chaos, everyone was kind of ready.

Wanda and Vision had teamed up to make the perfect chocolate fudge brownies

Steve had made Captain America shield cookies

Thor had made the Avengers tower out of pop tarts with gummy bears as the team members

Pietro had made a bowl of blue icing

Sam and Bucky had teamed up and made a model of Tony out of just fondant

You and Bruce had made (your favourite dessert)

Nat served straight vodka

Clint had made stew

And Tony and Loki were judging.

"Loki, stop eating the icing and come judge" Tony instructed.

The God rolled his eyes, placing the bowl down on the counter before walking over Wanda and Vision.

"Today we have made the perfect chocolate fudge brownies" Wanda announced proudly, Vision smiling down at her happily.

The rule for judging was that they weren't allowed to say a word, they were only allowed to make facial expressions.

Tony and Loki looked pleased, Loki stealing a second piece as they moved onto Steve.

"Sweet tooth" you said to him, smirking. He rolled his eyes, poking his tongue out at you.

Everything went reasonably well until they got to Pietro.

"Today I have made icing" he announced proudly, holding up the bowl.

The two judges cautiously took a spoonful each and ate it. A second later they both ran from the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Ned questioned.

Loki returned, looking slightly more pale than usual. Tony walked after him, his face tinged green.

The God waved his hand, vanishing the bowl with a grimace. Tony just clamped his mouth shut and shook his head.

They decided to skip Sam and Bucky's after watching them attempt to cut through the chunk of fondant with butchers knife. They enjoyed you and Bruce's entry and of course Nat's, however hesitated when they reached Clint.

"Um, Clint? Wasn't this a baking competition?" Tony questioned, looking warily at the brown mush.

Clint just shrugged. The two judges tried a mouthful each, their faces turning to grimaces as they choked it down.

"Right" Tony said in a strained voice. "The winner is Wanda and Vision."

You all gave them a clap as the happy couple bowed. With a wave of the witch's hand, everything was cleared up.

"Never again" Loki muttered, looking sick. "Maximoff, I don't even want to know what you put in that icing."

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad" he tried hopefully, stopping when the two judges raised their eyebrows at him. "Okay, maybe it wasn't the best."