Not Yet

Hi loves! I know i said this just a few chapters ago but i just wanted to say again i'm so sorry for less uploads! I really wanna try to get more stuff out here but it's tricky with school and work being very hectic. Thank you all for being here and bearing with me hehe

much love as always,
Moth 💞💖💓
————————————————————————

You and Luisa were walking down the stairs together to breakfast. She was holding your hand.  Pepa Madrigal was standing at the top of the stairs when she saw you two headed towards her. She perked up and smiled at you.

"Good morning Luisa. Good morning Y/N" Pepa said.

"Good morning tia! What's the forecast for today?"

"Clear skies as far as I know! Just as Camillo stops tormenting his baby brother!" She squinted at him across the courtyard, thunder cracked above her head. Camillo saw her angry stare and bolted down the stairs to breakfast. All three of you chuckled. Pepa's cloud floated away just as quickly as it came. She seemed happy and at ease.

"Mama you know it's not gonna be clear skies today" Dolores said from behind you at a low tone. You and Luisa stepped so she could join you. "We're going wedding dress shopping today. You're definitely gonna rain."

"I'm gonna try not to!" Pepa laughed.

"Don't!" Luisa and Dolores said at the same time.

Dolores reached over to put her hand on her mom's shoulder "It's a normal time to cry mama"

Little clouds floated above your heads, gently sprinkling you with water. "Thank you Mija. Thank you girls"

You and Luisa nodded.

"Can we please get to breakfast. I'm starving" Luisa whispered.

You all giggled and headed down the stairs together. The table was already set for breakfast. Each of the Madrigals had a special plate with their name on it, each one worked as a place card for where they would sit. Along with the family's labeled plates there were also two plain white plates, one sat next to Luisa's plate and one next to Dolores. They were for you and Mariano. You couldn't help but fantasize about a day when you had an official seat at this table. Even though you knew you were welcome in the Madrigals house you still stood out like a sore thumb, not quite fitting into the puzzle just yet.

You sat and ate and laughed with Luisa and her family. Luisa wasn't as loud as the rest of her family, which you didn't mind. Usually the two of you sat quietly observing the family's quirks, exchanging looks as they talked and talked. You fit in perfect with Luisa, she felt like all you could ever need.

After breakfast Luisa walked you home. All of the Madrigal girls were on their way to go wedding dress shopping with Dolores, so Luisa was in a bit of a rush to drop you off. You were invited to come with them but it was one of those invites that came after the fact and you would be the only non Madrigal there so you figured it would be better to not intrude. You made Luisa promise to say hello to Angelica and Karina at the dress shop for you though. She laughed at your request but you really did like them and you wanted them to like you too.

When you got home Luisa hardly lingered. Usually she would stand with you for almost a half an hour just looking in your eyes and holding you. It was sad to have her go but sweet that she was so excited for her cousin.

"You're sweet" You smiled.

"Why?" She squinted at you.

"I can tell you're excited and it's cute ." You were bouncing on the balls of your feet, content just to look at her and hold her hands.

She snuffed a little laugh "Well- I uh- what can i say-"

You interrupted her stuttering with a kiss. She didn't need to defend herself, she was perfect just the way she was. After kissing for a minute you pulled away. Her cheeks were flush with coral. She was looking at you, flustered but content.

"Go!" you laughed after a minute. "I don't wanna keep you"

She leaned back in protest. "Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yes. I don't want to intrude on family stuff"

"You're basically a part of the family"

You kissed her on the cheek "Not yet"

She sighed, knowing you were right. Not yet.

Even though you were extremely happy with Luisa, you longed for the Yet. You felt like you were in this limbo where everyone knew you and your freedom was gone but you weren't a full part of the Madrigals yet. You felt like you we're getting the short end of the stick everywhere you went. You were an oddity, everyone eyed you or questioned you wherever you were. The townies suddenly knew who you were, your family wanted to know everything about Luisa and your relationship, and the Madrigals wanted to know everything about you. You felt so incredibly lonely. Luisa was the only person you felt normal around. When she left it was excruciating.