Emma's Pov (20)

"Why are you running from me?"

"I'm not" I answer quickly, wiping my wet hands on my jeans.

"I saw you hiding in the living room, cat" he grins, drawing closer. I notice he's with a stick of his puff.

My eyes glance dangerously at them till he notices.

"You don't like this?..." he asks, raising the stick.

"I don't care, what are you doing inside here?" I fold my hands.

"I should be asking you that huh? cos I'm sure you ain't here to piss or something" he cuts in, throwing the cigarette in the sink.

"Can I have some privacy please? You don't want me to scream down the building would you?" I threaten.

He adjusts on the counter, folding his arms. "Go on, I'll be right here waiting, Good?" he taunts with a quick head jerk.

I can't stand him or his shenanigans so I walk out of the bathroom, careful not to touch him.

But he stands in my way, my face in his chest.  

"So it's my brother then huh? My sweet, caring, lover boy twin brother. He's your new interest right? I'm surprised he hasn't invited you over to the mansion cos that's his next best move aside from free rides to school. I mean, girls love free expensive shit so much" he mocks, grinning.

"I hate you, jerk!" I whisper as if I mean it.

"Oh yeah?... you better do cos it's better to hate the real me than love a pretentious one"

"You know what?... You're a bag of toxicity. A freaking sociopath who thinks throwing tantrums will get him the attention he seeks. No matter how bad you talk about your brother I'm sure he's a hundred times better than your toxic male ego. He can never be like you and I'll keep choosing him over you, now and in my next life!!!" I yell my voice rumbling.

"We've hardly known each other and I already despise everything about you. Your toxic energy, your ego, and fuckin bullies. Your brother dared to apologize on your behalf for hurting me!"

"I didn't hurt you Emma!" he protests.

"Yes you did, I wasn't hallucinating when I saw you smirking on my way out. You must've felt very proud of yourself then. In case you wanna know, it hurt so bad, every night. I skipped classes and took pain reliefs, if it soothes your ego"

He's shaking his head in disagreement but I don't care.

"Why?... You're sorry or what?... You're feeling like shit for being a dick to me?... No, you don't get to do that yet Einstein Hat!" I utter in anger "Gosh, I don't deserve another Fred in my life?!!!" I realize I'm tearing up, why am I crying in front of him?

He's watching me like he wants to evaporate from this situation, like he didn't plan for my nervous breakdown. Well, he should enjoy it while it lasts.

Einstein moves closer covering the little space left between us. His hand reaches out to touch my wet face and he's wiping off every tear on it. His other hand reaches down to touch my left palm, rubbing circles around the scars.

I stop breathing for a while but his hand continues to caress my scars soothingly. We're in that moment for a while, his eyes glitter like ice in the dark, silence engulfing us.

His smokey breath hits my olfactory organ and I don't feel repulsed by it, strange.

He moves his hand to cup my thick waist, fiercely merging our bodies and I feel his warmth. His expensive cologne will forever be in my memory.

He's massaging my head now with my face in his chest. I sigh in utter relief and his other hand tightens on impulse, melting our bodies together until I feel my bones about to be squeezed.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry" he murmurs in despair.

I'm not certain that's what he said because the Einstein Hat I know would never apologize to anyone.

The apology felt like it was for someone distant in his memory, someone he missed, probably his dad.

My head is still fogged but I try to wriggle out of his hold to see his face. I want to be sure the apology was really meant for me but he pushes me off so roughly that I land on my butt. I'm lucky to have missed the sink.

His eyes that were glazing now looks fiery, stranger and so cold. His fists are folded like he wants to throw a punch. His heavy breath fills the silence before the door swings open and Philip Ryder rushes in.

"Dude you gotta come taste this new stash we got from the warehouse!!" he nudges Einstein but stops when he sees me on the floor.

"Hey, you good?" he nods at me.

I keep mute watching them, Einstein grabs his friend with anger and leaves me sitting on the dirty floor, alone and ashamed.

I triple hate him now.

><{{{(•>

When I left the bathroom, Einstein was no longer in the room but his friend Philip sat in the same position I first saw them, giving me the look when our eyes locked. I ignored it and rushed downstairs for Cheryl. If she hadn't deserted me I wouldn't have been caught in a room with that devil.

I struggle amongst the crowd until I'm outside. A breath of fresh air finally.

I want to hide in a corner and cry for being such a fool. For letting him touch me so tenderly that I began to revel in it. The feeling of our bodies melting together and his cologne I'll never forget.

I drop on the pavement outside when I feel the candy bar in my pocket. Oh, the poor thing is squashed from my fall in the bathroom. I manage to tear it open and take little bites.

It tastes a bit different from the regular ones I've had.

"Oh, Gawd not now" I whisper to myself standing from where I sat to avoid him.

"Em!... Emma wait" Eric calls out holding my arm.

"Cheryl told me she came to the party with you and I've searched everywhere for you. Are you okay? Have you been crying?!" he's all over me at the moment.

I watch him, silently eating my candy bar.

"What's that you're having?" he snatches it from me and brings it closer to his nose.

"You know this is spiked right?" he warns, flinging the candy far off into the flowers.

My eyes pop at what he says, does it mean I'm high right now because I'm seeing Eric in two places at the moment.

"That candy was very tasty and you threw it away! Get me my fuckin candy bar, Einstein!! I want it now!!!"

"It's Eric, not Einstein's love. Alright, you're not in your right mind yeah? Let's take you somewhere to cool off" he grabs me, aiding my movements.

What is it with everyone grabbing me like I'm fragile?

"Let me go!!" I scream, twisting my arm from his stronghold. "I hate you so much you piece of shit! Don't ever touch me like that again okay?" I'm pushing at him but he's persistent, murmuring some incoherent words at me.

Is he drunk? I can't understand a word he's saying. I swing myself from him and end up falling into an endless sea, it feels nice and chilly anyways no noise at least.

><{{{(•>

Beautiful chapter right? ☺️☺️

Are you shipping Emma & Einstein?

Drop a vote