Chapter 766: What does Grandpa Wish I would do

Leng Yan nodded, “Third young master Jun, you’re right. I learned from you.”

However, before Jun Yexuan could respond, someone else dashed in to report, “Young master, the elder master is here.”

Leng Yan froze, “Grandpa?”

Just then, an elderly entered.

Leng Qingshan walked in with a buddha pearl bracelet clutched in his hand. With the help of a butler who was not much younger than him, he staggered his way in.

On the couch, Jun Yexuan and Mu Jinghang exchanged glances. So that woman came prepared. She knew she had someone she could rely on.

Leng Yan stood up, “Grandpa.”

Zhou Xin was soon to follow despite the premonition he had, “Grandpa, how come you left the house?”

Grandpa Leng lost his wife young and never remarried. He then lost a son and a grandson.

Ever since Leng Chao and Leng Qi died, Leng Qingshan barely left his home.

According to him, he must’ve committed a grave sin in his last life. So this life, he was destined to dedicate his life to Buddha and ask for forgiveness.

It wasn’t hard to guess why he chose to come here at a time like this.

After Zhou Xin asked the question, Leng Qingshan’s gaze stayed on Leng Yan for a while. He then sighed, “Leng Yan, you really don’t plan on helping them out this time?”

Leng Yan’s lips were pursed.

Zhou Xin’s face dropped, “Elder Leng, the young master made poor decisions before, how come you’re making poor decisions now as well?”

“That mother and son pair don’t deserve to be asked about! Do you know how badly Leng Jie screwed up this time?! He lost ten billion overnight!”

“Ten billion isn’t a small number. If we keep encouraging this behavior, he will lose everything this family has to offer!”

“Plus, the young master is your direct descendent. How come you’re favoring those from outside the family?! Before, when the world was spreading around the rumor that the young master is sick, you never visited or asked!”

This subject infuriated him. Even though the young master hid his illness, the rumors outside these doors were undeniable. Despite this, Leng Qingshan never visited to confirm.

Yet today, after he learned that Leng Jie needed something, he came right away.

Only children who cry get candy?! He felt so sorry for the young master.

Leng Qingshan was taken aback by Zhou Xin’s words. He looked Leng Yan up and down, “Leng Yan, you really were sick? Didn’t you send someone over to tell me it was just a rumor?”

“It’s in the past now,” Leng Yan said, “Grandpa, don’t think too much. I’m okay now.”

Zhou Qingshan only nodded after he made sure that Leng Yan looked okay.

“So what do you plan on doing with Leng Jie?”

Leng Yan didn’t answer and asked instead, “What does grandpa wish I would do?”

Leng Qingshan played with his Buddhist bracelet and gently sighed.

“I know you are angry inside. I don’t like that mother and son much either. However, no matter what, Leng Jie is a bloodline that your father left behind.”

His words made everyone’s heart cold.

Leng Qingshan continued, “The Leng family don’t have many children. Your older brother passed away young and now there’s only you and Leng Jie.”

“One more person in the family is one more opportunity to pass down the bloodline. You refuse to marry or bear children. If he’s also gone, what will the Leng family do next?”

“But grandpa, “Leng Yan continued, “You know full well what kind of person Leng Jie is. Do you really think he is worthy enough to be a part of the Leng family? Based on what he’s doing. He will destroy the Leng family sooner or later.”

Zhou Xin agreed, “Exactly! Though the elder young master is gone, there’s still the young master! The young master may not be married right now, but that doesn’t mean he won’t later on!”