Chapter 799: Can't you carry me?

He asked Ling Xi, “Young man, is this yours?”

Ling Xi nodded.

“Let me grab that for you.” Zhou Xin tried to pick up the backpack.

However, when he applied strength, he shrieked, “What’s in this? It’s so heavy?”

Ling Xi said, “I have bottles of drinks in there.”

Zhou Xin understood and didn’t think too much. He lifted it and carried it to the car.

If he knew what was inside, he would be speechless from fear.

The group returned to the car and headed to the hospital.

Jun Yexuan asked Qiao Qing, “You know that guy?”

Qiao Qing froze, “Why do you ask that?”

Jun Yexuan tapped on his chin, “Instinct.”

Mu Jinghang turned his head, “No way. Women have a sixth sense – what sense do you have? If Qingqing knows that guy, why didn’t she say hi?”

Jun Yexuan narrowed his eyes, “I have another instinctive thought.”

Mu Jinghang, “What?”

Jun Yexuan, “You won’t find your wife and kid in the next five years.”

Mu Jinghang, “…”

“Third brother, can you not talk like that? I simply made fun of you a little.”

Jun Yexuan ignored him. Since Qiao Qing showed no signs of answering, he closed his eyes and rested.

Mu Jinghang didn’t think much of Jun Yexuan’s words and thought he was just being cruel with his words.

He had no idea that Jun Yexuan’s instinctive thought would come true.

After the group arrived at the hospital, Leng Yan asked Ling Xi, “Can you walk by yourself?”

Ling Xi glanced at his own mushy knee and blinked with tears in his eyes, “Can’t you carry me?”

Leng Yan froze. Zhou Xin froze as well and checked out this young man again.

Ling Xi lowered his cap and gently coughed, “I said the wrong word. Can you help me?”

Zhou Xin went up to help but Ling Xi went around him and grabbed Leng Yan’s arm. He then leaned most of his weight onto him.

Leng Yan stumbled but didn’t take away his hand. He asked, “Um… How should I address you?”

Ling Xi said, “You can call me Xixi.”

Leng Yan paused and asked, “Which Xi?”

Ling Xi took a second to think, “Xi as in ‘bustling’.”

Leng Yan sighed in relief and carried Ling Xi inside, “Xi… Xi, you…”

Since Ling Xi appeared young, Leng Yan chose his words carefully, “Where’s your family? You’re hurt so I should contact them and ask them about how I can compensate you.”

“There’s no need to contact them,” Ling Xi said, “You can negotiate with me. I don’t need monetary compensation. Just take care of me until my leg is healed.”

Leng Yan once again froze. But he soon smiled, “Of course. I should be doing that. However, wouldn’t your parents worry if I don’t tell them? Your wounded leg isn’t going to heal in a day or two.”

Ling Xi said, “They won’t worry.”

The two chatted and walked. Jun Yexuan and the others followed behind them.

Mu Jinghang whispered, “How come that fella is giving me gay vibes? Could it be that he’s in love with Leng Yan?”

Jun Yexuan smiled way too happily, “Wouldn’t that be perfect? Then he won’t die alone. Grandpa Leng would also be getting the granddaughter-in-law he wanted.”

“Ah, no,” Mu Jinghang said, “Third brother, don’t be rude. You know the whole reason why grandpa Leng wants Leng Yan married is that he wants grandkids.”