Chapter 12

Her eyelids pull apart and she unwillingly accepts the room she's been placed in.

The single, tiny widow in the top of the wall.

The oak door, that she had banged many times, but had never gotten her release.

The chain that was clasped around her left leg.

Tightly.

She couldn't feel her left foot.

The chain was drilled into the wall, the wall furthest away from the window.

Alayna's blood began to boil. Why was she sat here helplessly?

She slowly stalked to the door, the chain forcing her to stop short of a few feet from it.

The anger that had been brewing within, had bubbled to the surface, she leaned her body forward
to get closer to the door.

And began banging her hands against it.

"YOU COWARD! COME HERE RIGHT NOW AND FACE ME! HOW DARE YOU THROW ME IN HERE, ME! YOUR WIFE! AROUND LIKE A WORTHLESS BELONGING! I WISH I KILLED YOU WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!"

He placed the bottle of pills into her hand.

He believed he was helping his sister, he wasn't there when all the shit happened, but now he was going to ensure that he was going to get rid of her problem.

All she had to do was mix it into a drink of his.

He had ensured that the drug would be both efficient and effective.

He wanted the nuisance out of his sisters life. She deserved the world and he knew she wasn't going to be able to get rid of him easily.

He had splurged his life savings on this, it had to work.

Anything that had happened to this date hadn't happened in their favour.

So now he was going to force things to happen the way he wants.

At that instance, the door flung open.

And in walked in the one who had all the power.

The nawab zaade himself, Zunair Armaan Rahman.

He shoots her a disgusted look, and stalks slowly to her, his eyes scanned her body yet they rested in a lock with hers.

He saw flickers of fear, anxiety but there was a spark of disobedience that would make itself clearly visible.

He was going to murder that spark.

His feet stopped, and the distance of 2 feet remained between the two.

The air was heavy as they glared into each other's eyes.

He believed she was the reason of his of his mother's sufferings and she didn't like the fact that she was always on the receiving end of his anger.

Why should she take this shit from him?

This past month had revealed to her a new side to him, you could even say that she was beginning to fall for him.

But he switched personalities within a split second.

And she wasn't going to keep taking all the crap he was giving her.

He raised his arm and began to lower it so it was to hit her face, but a second before the hand was about to make contact with her face, it was stopped.

And then a force hit his face.

It took him a second to realise that he himself had been slapped.

He snapped his eyes to the one who had dared to do such a thing and found her looking at him in pure disgust.