Chapter 45: Wedding Ball

I could still feel the heat from my toes to the roots of my hair

I could still feel the heat from my toes to the roots of my hair. Something so personal (not that singing or liking country music really a secret) sharing my very secret that not even my parents had known to her felt like it brought me closer to her. It's not like it's an unpleasant, but then it's embarrassing all the same (on my part).

I had acquired a very bad reputation, a cold and promiscuous Demakis and never bothered correcting their conclusions, yet no one knew that within the cold and forbidding exterior was really a very romantic which I only discovered recently, and has an odd taste of music.

And Your Man by Jost Turner had been a favourite of mine.

So I was embarrassed when I saw her lips twisted in a repressed amuse smile at the beginning of the song.

The surprise look on her beautiful face had almost wiped out all the confidence in my body.

But then awe crossed her face as she watched me intensely. And everything became a blur to me, all I could see is her as the song lyrics rolled out of my lips like melted chocolate, with my heart skittering.

I turned my head and kissed the top of her head that was resting on my shoulder while we watched the glittering sky.

With Clara Bell snuggled next to me while we are lying on the leathered lounging pad, we gazed at the sky that now peppered with stars, shining brightly in contrast of the black cloudless sky.

It's way past midnight, and the black sky coruscated with stars. Glittering like little diamonds hanging, hovering over us, clinging to the black tapestry above.

They seemed to party for the success of the night. And that's how I felt right now.

I pulled the red flannel blanket up to her shoulder as the wind starting to feel colder.

"It's beautiful," she murmured and I couldn't agree more.

"It is," I replied glancing down at her on my side, heart filled with so much love, I felt like it would burst any minute.

"It is interesting how stars, just like humans born then die," she muttered, so soft perhaps just for herself, but the quietness and peaceful of the night, save for the constant splashing of the water against the hull of the yacht, it reached my hearing path clear.

"Yes. Astronomy is very interesting," I replied softly.

I felt her moved and then she was facing me. "Why is the stars seemed to have stayed in the same spot?" she asked.

I shifted and faced her. "Stars do move through space, but they are so far away that we never notice it," I explained and she nodded her head.

"It's like when you're driving, everything closer to you fly past, and farther in the distance, they move slowly."

"Makes sense," she moaned and turned back her attention to the stars above us.

I stared at her serene face as she watched animatedly up the sky. Her face thoughtful.