XI

Chapter Eleven: A Normal Kid

The scent of alcohol swam through the air and the sound of glass cups clinking together echoed throughout the bar. Gojo Satoru sat at the bar table, across from the bartender, with a non-alcoholic drink in his hand, gently rotating his wrist while the cup remained around his fingers.

"Just once, there are two kids I want you to look after; Itadori Yuuji and Gojo Y/N. You know them right?"

Nanami Kento glanced at the ashen haired man from the side, his slender fingers holding onto his beverage from the top, "I heard he passed away and... your sister, of course I've heard of her," he said, a blank look etched onto his face.

The ex-salaryman listened to his senior as he spoke, explaining to him Yuuji's situation in an implicit manner.

"You know, Yuuji, he's really an honest kid. He has the determination and the courage; even the decisiveness needed for a battle. But even so, there are times when he's too straightforward. For kids like him, I get worried when their hearts get broken just once."

"And Y/N...she didn't get the chance to grow up properly. Unlike Yuuji, she's seen the world as it is and had her heart broken countless of times. For her, I just want someone to show her that it's okay to be a kid."

Satoru explained and spoke about the two of them with a gentle smile sewn onto his lips, turning his head slightly to meet the blonde haired man's gaze.

Nanami only returned his gaze towards the drink in his hand, "And what do you want me to do now that you're telling me this?" he asked, dully.

The white haired man grinned his usual sly grin, "Well you see, despite all this, I'm really busy y'know, I can't say I'll be around to take care of their mental growth," he explained, "So just for this once, I want to leave them in your care. After all, you're an adult who can understand people's pain."

Dim lights that barely lit the bar shone above them, Nanami glanced at the Strongest Sorcerer, Gojo Satoru, from the side, "You came all the way to Hokkaido just to tell me these sugar-coated words?"

"You already know that I have a sweet tooth, right?" Satoru grinned.

A deadpan was drawn onto Nanami's face, "I don't mind this but, are you really going to leave your sister in the care of someone else again and not be a part of her life? You just said that she didn't get a chance to grow up properly. Technically, you're the closest person to her as of now, and you're the only person she may be able to see as her actual family," he said, calmly and attempting to share his thoughts with the white haired man.

Satoru furrowed his brows a little at his statement, knowing that the truth rang from his words, "But Nanami~ I'm the strongest y'know, I don't have time for this~" he complained playfully.

The blonde haired man let out a sigh, "Of course you don't," he said, sarcasm lacing his words, "But if you really care about her you should do something about that schedule of yours, because unlike Itadori Yuuji, she's your very own sister."

"As expected from you, Nanami~! You're so grown up!"

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gojo Satoru was finally back from that 'job' he had told you about and he was back to his usual annoying self. You can't exactly say you missed it but you definitely secretly enjoyed his jokes.

The two of you walked through the dark underground hall that led to a room, "Are you ready for your surprise?" Satoru grinned as he bent down to your height and poked your cheeks repeatedly.