Chapter 35: Time Travel

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙮𝙖𝙧𝙙, 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠

"You know, it's been eight years. 8 years!" I breathed out, kneeling on the ground. "Even though I was older then you, you always were the one protecting us. Even when Mama and Papa died." I sniffled.

"I don't even want to think of what would happen if you were here now. I'm a mess. Wanda's gone. She fell for the synthazoid, if you can believe it. You probably already knew when we first saw him."

"I lost everything, Piet. I wish we never signed up for that stupid experiment sometimes. Everyone we met from it is dead. Gone. This.." Sapphire circled around my fingers. "for stupid revenge. Tony isn't even a bad guy. He was feeling the same we felt. We joined HYDRA after our parents died. Tony just continued to make weapons but then realised what was happing and stopped, just like how we realised helping Ultron would destroy everyone and we stopped."

"No matter how many times I visit, I will never get used to it. I still expect you to jump and scare me and say its a sick prank and hug me while making a stupid joke."

My phone pinged and I pulled it out my pocket and checked who it was. A message from Nat light up on the screen. 'We're begging the Time Heist.' I sighed and pushed my phone back in my pocket and pulled the jacket tighter around me.

I have to go now, but I'm gonna get Wanda back. I love you brother."

I stood up from the grave and looked one last time at the dirty tombstone with the words. 'Pietro Maximoff' carved out. 

I bit my cheek and stopped the tears just as I teleported back to the Avengers Tower.

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

꧁꧂

𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙, 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠

All eleven of us walked towards the time deck, all wearing our white space suits. The group stood around in a circle, preparing for a mission that was the most important one yet.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions."

Me, Thor and Rocket was going to collect the Reality 'Stone' in Asgard 2013.

Clint and Natasha was to go to Vormir 2014 for the Soul Stone.

Smart-Hulk, Scott, Steve, Tony are going back to New York 2012 for the Time, Mind and Space Stone.

Rhodes and Nebula are going to Morag 2014 for the Power Stone.

"Get the stones. Get them back." We put our left hand in the circle, conforming that we were all going to risk it for everyone. No matter who we lost, we would get the innocent people back to their loved ones, friends and family. Even if some of them voiced their hatred towards the Avengers, we were willing to lose it all for them.

"One round-trip each. No mistakes... no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives... and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket spoke. "Right?" Scott said a bit too enthusiastically.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green." Tony shouted over to Bruce - who was prepping the time machine. "Trackers engaged."

"You promise to being that back in one piece, right?" Rocket said, looking to Clint who had a small version of the jet in his hand. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame."

I looked across to Natasha. "Remember Natasha, don't die." I gave her a stern look. She smirked and looked to me. "See you in a minute." The red head sent me a wink just as the helmets moved over our heads. 

A portal of lights appeared at the centre of the floor. I began to feel a slight buzz like something was wrong. Like something was about to happen. That's when I looked to Natasha and realised. "Nat!" I screamed just as the group of us emerged into the quantum realm.