Chapter 36: 2013

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝘼𝙨𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙙, 2013 

I gasped as my feet planted to the ground, the mask forming back. I steadied myself on the wall, not prepared again for the feeling of time travel. "Are you alright?" Thor asked by my side. 

"Yeah. Just something doesn't feel right." I pushed myself away from the wall and began to walk past the two before stopping and looking around, mesmerized at the gold place.

"This is Asgard?" I whispered, looking above. "We need to keep our voices down." Rocket whisper-yelled.

I followed Rocket who was following Thor through small halls in the palace. Just as we got closer to what Thor said was 'the dungeon', I froze, making the two stop as well.

"What's wrong, Anara?"

"There's someone here with magic. Someone connected to the Mind Stone." my eyes closed, a tug in the back of my mind. "Someone had the Stone mess with their mind."

"Loki." Thor whispered under his breath. "Loki?" I ask, hearing him. 

"He was is in the dungeon after New York." I nodded back to Thor and continued to follow there not so secret escape. Just as we made it past one of the cells, I quickly looked back, seeing the god of mischief. 

"Rocket." I called for him. "Make sure Thor is oaky, I need to do something first."

"I don't know what you're doing, Anara, but don't mess time up." I smiled and nodded back to him. "I'm just getting an answer."

Once the two were gone, I looked back and the god was already looking towards me. 

"Loki?"

"You're not supposed to be down here." He raised an eyebrow, standing up. "I'm not. But I have a question."

I walked over to him as he gestured for me to continue. "You've been affected by the mind stone." I said, noticing a small break in his façade. "That's what made you attack New York?" 

"I see Odin is using a few new tricks." He hummed, going back to his book.

"Unless he planned this long ago, I don't think he did."

"Then why are you here?"

"You sense the power I hold. The 'magic'." I said sarcastically. "I do."

"That was from the Mind Stone. I was hoping you might know what it can do. Anything?" I asked in hope of him saying something that means I could bring back Vision.

"It's not something to mess with. It's a far greater weapon then you realise."

I felt as though he didn't know more. Maybe this will all be okay in the end and I can figure it out without him.

"I've heard the stories about you. The big bad god.  But I can tell you're not a bad person, Loki. You just had a bad experience. I hope to met you one day." I smiled to him and stepped a couple steps back before teleporting to where Rocket was.

"Oh, Anara, how nice of you to join us." Rocket joked. I looked behind him to see a group of guards running at us. "What did you do, Rocket!" We quickly ran. I was going to use my teleportation powers, but didn't know where to go.

"Where's Thor?"

"I dont know!"

I skidded to a stop and held my hands out in front of me, holding up a barrier. "Run!" Rocket quickly hurried to his feet, running as fast as he could. The guards that was by me kept hitting the force field. 

I took my right hand to my side, gathering a sapphire ball and in a split second, I took down the barrier and pushed the blue hue towards the group, knocking them back. 

I teleported to Rocket, seeing another group of guards. "Thor, I got it!"

"Get that rabbit and the girl!"

"Really?" I glanced back to the men and quickly grabbed Rocket, teleporting us both to where Thor was.

"-business." Me and Rocket landed exactly in front of the pair.

"Oh. Hi." I waved awkwardly to the pair. "You must be mom." Rocket said. "I got the thing. Come on. We gotta move."

"Oh, I wish we had more time." Thor said looking to the woman. I bit my lip as I waited awkwardly to the side. "No, this was a gift." She grabbed Thor's hand with a smile. I couldn't help but miss my own mum. "Now you go and be the man you're meant to be."

"I love you, mom."

"I love you."

The pair said kindly before pulling back. "And eat a salad." 

"Come on, we gotta go." Rocket piped up. I could see the nerves and regret sink into Thor again. "Wait. I-I can't do this."

"Thor, look at me.." I stepped up to him. "Right now the entire world is counting on us to do this." Tears brimmed my eyes as I held onto his shoulders. 

"I lost everyone too. I know what's it like. Right now, In another world, my brother and sister are alive, free from HYDRA. I made my choice then and I made another now so I could help those who can't. I sacrificed my happiness for others. It's not fair. It never was and never is. But Thor, we're an Avenger, it's what we do."

"Okay.." Thor trailed off and rocket began the count down. "Three..."

"Goodbye."

"two..."

"Wait!" Thor called out and held his arm out. Nothing happened. "What am I looking at?" Rocket asked. I chuckled and rubbed my wrist. "Oh, sometimes it takes a second." Frigga responded.

I smiled and took a step towards her. "I'm sorry we couldn't meet on better terms, but It was nice to meet you." Before I could fathom what happened next, she pulled me in for a hug. It was exactly what I needed. it was the exact kind of hug I last felt 23 years ago.

"Thank you for caring for my son. I know you will find happiness again soon." I bit my lip to hold back tears and nodded. "Thank you." I then carefully stepped back to join the other two. Just as I did, the hammer was placed in Thor's hand. In response the God laughed.

"I'm still worthy."

"Oh, boy." Rocket sighed at the blonde and clicked his wrist watch, our white space suits fitting over our body like nano-tech.

"Goodbye, mom." Thor smiled to Frigga. "Goodbye." she mouthed back just as our helmets wrapped over our heads and we were suck back to our timeline.