35

Chapter 35 – Crossing Swords (Part 1)

Cheng Tianyu was the youngest disciple of the Qing Lu Sword Sect's sage.

During this Flower Picking Festival, it seemed that due to Zhong Shan's great renown, a lot of people hadn't noticed Cheng Tianyu. Every time he appeared, he also strictly followed rules and etiquette and seemed perfectly content to stand behind Song Tang and Zhong Shan.

But this didn't mean he could be easily defeated; Duan Chongxuan also did not breathe a sigh of relief just because his opponent was young.

On the contrary, he had watched how Cheng Tianyu performed in battle in the previous round. A sixteen year old Soul Condensing late-stage, he was already formidable enough to shatter the average pace of cultivation.

Apart from his diligent cultivation and his astounding innate skill, it had to be said that the Qing Lu Sword Sect definitely had a way of teaching its disciples.

As for this sect, although there would inevitably be the fight against the Sword of Wind and Rain, Yin Biyue was not at all unhappy; on the contrary, he felt a little admiration.

Everyone knew the Qing Lu Sword Sect disciples were the most hardworking.

Yin Biyue did not think that Chatterbox would be able to easily defeat his opponent without using talismans.

Thus, he asked, "Without using external items, what are your chances?"

Chatterbox very honestly said,

"Seventy percent."

"Seventy percent you'll beat him?"

"Seventy percent I'll be beaten by him."

"......"

This sounded very embarrassing, but this was just the truth.

Chatterbox lamented, "I saw his battle last round. I really suspect this kid started learning the sword in the womb."

Luo Mingchuan laughed and shook his head, "It's just that he used the times you spent listening to storytellers and going to gambling dens to practice."

Chatterbox rubbed his nose; he could not deny that he was right.

"I honestly regret wasting too much time before. Now I can't even defeat a small child."

Yin Biyue could understand. He had guessed very early that Chatterbox's background was not ordinary; it was likely that he came from a very influential family. If he lived a life of luxury from birth, always being doted on, who would force him to practice in the cold of winter and the heat of summer?

Although, after Zheng Wei had arrived, Chatterbox seemed like he became diligent overnight, and his progress could be considered godlike.

But how could half a month of diligence be compared to Cheng Tianyu's ten-plus years of hard work?

Fortunately, now Chatterbox already realized his shortcomings; in terms of his future road of cultivation, it is a good thing.

Yin Biyue thought that this battle wouldn't necessarily be hopeless,

"When I was at the Academy, I studied some sword techniques from the Feathered Mantle Arts. For these few days, I will work with you to find a way to dismantle the techniques."

Chatterbox's eyes instantly brightened, "That's great, fourth shixiong!"

Luo Mingchuan stood off to the side, "Don't use your core energy for now. Just use your swords. I'll come and take a look."