36

Chapter 36 – Crossing Swords (2)

The art most practiced.

Thus, Duan Chongxuan chose "'Rising Fog of Cang Ya.'

Ten thousand flying feathers were obscured within the mist and the golden rays lost their colour. Duan Chongxuan's blade moved again. The cries of the Cang Ya Sect's disciples rose anew.

"Clouds Submerging Western Peaks!"

"Winds Sweeping the Central Plains!"

In the past, there was never a person who used these two moves linked together in succession, but now Duan Chongxuan did so. There was unexpectedly a divine natural fluidity between the two.

Cheng Tianyu was already pushed back more than ten paces by the pressure of his opponent's sword and it seemed as if he was about to be pushed down from the arena.

Suddenly, his wrist flipped to horizontal and ten thousand golden beams scattered forth.The Flying Feathers Sword dragged past the edge of the pitch-black longsword, scattering countless sparks. A clamour arose from Qing Lu Sword Sect's direction.

"Qing Lu's Twilight!"

"Evening Mist at Xun River!"

Elders watching the stage praised, "Incredible!"

Indeed, it was very incredible. Every single person all thought that this entire bout of combat, advanced all the way until now, was extremely incredible.

The sword wielded by Duan Chongxuan was very clever. The innate gift of Cheng Tianyu's sword skills that he displayed because he was not content with being inferior, was also very incredible.

Even more clever was using 'The Fog of Cang Ya' to dismantle 'Golden Feathers' Second Light ', and using 'Qing Lu's Twilight' against 'Wind Sweeping Central Plains.' If not for both parties using them in today's match, no one would think these sequences of mundane, uninteresting sword moves in such a way to have that kind of might.

Song Tang's expression sobered. In the battle advanced to now, they've predicted their opponents every step, and their opponent has also comprehended their responses in his mind.

From the beginning, this round's opposing competitors were more than just Duan Chongxuan and Cheng Tianyu. It was Yin Biyue and Luo Mingchuan, and Song Tang and Zhong Shan's first time crossing swords!

The one who became the most serious was Luo Mingchuan.

Because Duan Chongxuan linked those three moves, he indeed broke through 'Golden Feathers' Second Light ', checkmated Cheng Tianyu and pressed him in retreat again and again. But he did not completely beat his opponent.

Yet Cheng Tianyu after two more moves would have averted peril and reforged it into refuge.

All of the calculations and drilling have been pushed to the very limit.

Luo Mingchuan's words from earlier came into Duan Chongxuan's mind.

"If you have used this move and you haven't grasped victory, then you can only rely on yourself for the rest."

Right now, his sword moves have been dismantled each time by his opponent.

The crimson morning clouds in the east had not yet dissipated, and the pure, clear light spilled over the earth. Cheng Tianyu's two hands clutched his sword and his right foot took a step forward, his expression serene.

The breeze brushed past his clothes and past the sword in his hand. He was undeniably an immature youth, but he bore the presence of a great scholar, like deep still waters and the highest peaks.