38

Chapter 38- Discerning Eye

When Yin Biyue awoke, he saw the canopy directly above his head and scented the fragrance of soothing incense drifting through the air. The sounds of light chatter and a refreshing smell cleared his head.

His mind went blank for a moment. Then he suddenly sat up and slammed his fist into the bed, unable to restrain the urge.

He remembered everything that had happened last night and thought his brain must have been full of 'Drunken Immortal'.

He had actually drank too much!

Aside from having drank so much, he even went to find Luo Mingchuan to discuss life!

Discussing life didn't yield any results! Forget about blindly trusting whatever the other person said! But he even snatched the other's wine to drink! And even fell asleep!

Forget falling asleep! He even grabbed his sleeve and said, 'I just want to peacefully live my life.'

"Living" his ass!

How could this kind of cover blowing speech be said so casually!

Huh? What happened after that conversation? Why wasn't he on the roof right now?

... Chatterbox had fallen down a while ago; in the end it must have been Luo Mingchuan that dragged him back!

Did he do anything crazy while drunk?! Did he loudly pronounce the villainy manifesto?! Did he drench the other person entirely in spit?!

Way! Too! Shameful!

Yin Biyue was busy wallowing in self-disgust, and right at this moment, a familiar voice came from the courtyard, "Shidi, are you up..."

Without even thinking, he shouted, "I'm not here!–"

...

Life is a tragedy.

Yin Biyue almost raised his hand to run himself through with his sword.

He felt like he must have established an incredibly stupid impression of himself in Luo Mingchuan's heart.

With a wooden face, he got off the bed, faced the mirror, and straightened his clothes. In his mind was an endless replay of his own voice, 'I'm not here I'm not here I'm not here...", and then he silently opened the door.

Luo Mingchuan stood underneath a tree. On his face was the same smiling expression as always, courteous and amiable, without even a hint of teasing.

Within Yin Biyue's heart rose a thread of hope...

Maybe yesterday he didn't act too crazy drunk after all?

And that ostrich-headed 'I'm not here' a moment ago was also not heard by anyone?

In that instant, Chatterbox opened his door and asked, astonished, 'Eh? Fourth shixiong? Weren't you not here?"

...

He's brought shame to his sect.

The corner of Yin Biyue's mouth twitched.

Fortunately Luo Mingchuan let out a single cough with impeccable timing, "Since my two shidi are both awake now, let us go."

Yin Biyue only then suddenly realized, Luo Mingchuan had a match today; he and Chatterbox had even said they would go together to watch.

A strong feeling of guilt arose in his heart; he regretted he went so far as to drag him to go drink and talk about life last night.

Third shixiong was right! Drinking really made a mess of things!

Duan Chongxuan also showed a face of shame.