Vol. 1 Chapter 8: Noel

Night on the City of Burduex.

Liam POV

I'm currently walking together with Lynette, she seems doesn't remember anything before she been manipulated. But leaving aside that, she is presently doing some cheerful humming on the streets. Meanwhile I sense some of the Holy Knights guarding us. The old man wanted to keep an eye on us, most specially on me that doesn't have any common sense in this world at all, additionally he gave me some gold and silver coins to spend in the city.

"Liam what's that!" She exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

"Apples coated with sugar I guess...No it's honey? Wanna buy?" She energetically nodded in response.

"Hey old man can I have a pair of these apples?." I asked the vendor. After having our pair of honey coated apple, we resumed our stroll on the city.

"Liam Liam! The buildings are tall! There's five and ten storey buildings! Even our village have only two!." Lynette are impressed on these structures? Well for me who formerly live in a highly urbanized area which riddled with high rise buildings is feels like kinda-not-so-impressive? Other than being historically cool as if I've been sent into medieval Europe. "Hmm they looked nice?."

"You looked disappointed though?." Upon hearing my lazy response, she pouted. This brat is sharp huh?

"Well I lived in a place with many tall structures like this after all so I'm not that nostalgic on these kind of landscape."

"So! You lived in large city then?! What about your country! Wanna know a lot about it!."

"My country? It's a .... Island--archipelagic country far from the Ver'z continent."

"I see! So there's delicious fish there?!." Fish? Why are you asking about fish? Isn't fish could be catch on the river? Or yeah, she might possibly thinking about fish caught from sea huh?

But First and foremost, is it delicious? I can't even taste our honey coated apple as after I consumed my share, it will directly went to my stomach filled with acidic substance to break it down, though I have my support system to iterate what kind of taste it is like [Mellow sweet flavor with light chewy texture] What the heck do you mean with mellow sweet flavor?! And what is with that chewy texture? Isn't it an apple?!.

"Oh yeah, they are indeed delicious."

"What about the sea! Are the sea taste salty? How fish could survived the salty water? Why the sea is salty?---" I cut her off, she is way too energetic and asking too much on me.

"Wait a moment. You are asking too much, one question at the time only please?"

"Yes! Are the sea is salty?."

"Yeah, it's salty."

"Next is how fish could survived the salty water?."

"They are different from the fresh water fish. Depends on the species of fish because some kind of fish could survived both fresh and salt water."

"Ain't they are both fishes?."

"Well yeah. Sure thing but it's a trait of the fishes born in different ecology. Do you get it?."

"Somehow?... Then lastly, why the sea is salty?". Bruh this kid just gave me hella hard question. Luckily I have my google to find the answers.

"Salt in the sea, or ocean salinity, is mainly caused by rain washing mineral ions from the land into water. Carbon dioxide in the air dissolves into rainwater, making it slightly acidic. When rain falls, it weathers rocks, releasing mineral salts that separate into ions. What does the explanation sounds on you?"