40

Chapter 40 – Yi Hu1

The battle progressed to this point; Chen Yi made two moves, Yin Biyue made twenty-one. It seems like the fight has entered a deadlock.

Silence blanketed the stage, each person focused and waiting.

Would Yin Biyue first appear out of thin air, brandishing his sword to break the silence? Or would Chen Yi's sword lights arrive before him?

Countless calculations verses countless sword lights, which one is faster?

Out of everyone's expectations, what fell first was neither the figure of a sword nor the splash of blood, but the cry of a crane.

Clear and melodious; descending from the Ninth Heaven2 to the earth, the birdsong shaking the listener's spirit.

The next moment, a white crane broke through the clouds and dove down from over thirty meters up!

Like thunder from the clouds in a clear sky, gales surging between the beat of its wings, it arrived in the blink of an eye.

Many people were confused and exclaimed in astonishment; Zhongming Mountain had white cranes? How come I've never heard of this?

Chen Yi's brows knitted slightly, flipped his wrist, and the countless sword lights gathered, congregating and striking toward the crane!

Under the brilliance of the blades people could finally see clearly. The youth holding the elm wood branch, his three thousand strands of white hair intertwining white robes fluttering as he danced through the air; like a crane emerging from the clouds to descend to humanity.

That sound of a crane's cry was the wail of a sword's point breaking through air.

The Cang Ya disciples suddenly snapped out of their shock, and exclaimed, "Crane-song Above the Clouds!"

'Crane-song Above the Clouds' was the second form of the basic Cang Ya Sword Arts, only slightly following 'Fog of Cang Ya'. Every single disciple practiced this when they entered the sect, but they never thought this technique would be able to bring forth this amount of strength.

Just as the words were spoken did someone raise their voice to refute, "It's not 'Crane-song Above the Clouds', it's 'Winds Sweeping the Central Plains'!"

Their blades met once again, the infinite brilliance of the swords twisted by the invisible force of core energy, like clouds buffeted by the wind, tendrils of light scattered outwards.

Many people looked toward Luo Mingchuan, waiting for his reply.

They only saw him nod lightly, a smile in his eyes, "both are present."

A white crane from the sky, winds rising from the blade; it looks like one move, but there were indeed two. It was simply too fast.

From Yin Biyue landing to the crossing of blades- laden with profound principles, only an instant passed.

Because from the moment he made his first strike, his every step was made with Traversing Peaks and Rivers.

Originally, Chen Yi frowned because he was confused.

He doesn't understand how Yin Biyue was able to disappear within the air teeming with sword-intent, as well as able to discover the gaps between his sword-lights and flawlessly alight.

But now his brows unknotted.

Above the blue sky are flowing clouds, within the flowing clouds are soaring birds. They have always been a part of the blue skies, for what would there be the need to hide?