[09] haunt your ass

[09] HAUNT YOUR ASS

⠀⠀

⠀⠀Jackson turned towards Stiles and Elise suddenly. "call the cops." he demanded.

⠀⠀"No." Stiles and Elise said in unison, which received a raised eyebrow from Lydia.

⠀⠀"Wh-what do you meant "no?"" Jackson shouted, moving closer to them in an attempt to intimidate them.

⠀⠀Elise had to grab Stiles by the arm to restrain him from Jackson. "I mean no." he snapped. "You wanna hear it in Spanish? No. Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with."

⠀⠀Jackson laughed, short and sarcastic. "Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department-"

⠀⠀"Hey, I'm not putting my dad's life on the line." Elise butted in, stabbing a finger at Jackson's chest, catching him off guard. "Or Stiles'."

⠀⠀"I'm calling." Lydia sighed angrily, pulling out her own phone.

⠀⠀"No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec-" Stiles lunged at Lydia's phone but Elise restrained him in time, pulling him back, something she seemed to be doing more and more of.

⠀⠀"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills high school. We're trapped, and we need you to-but-" Lydia's arm fell limp as she stared at everyone with a blank expression. "She hung up on me."

⠀⠀"The police hung up on you?" Allison folded her arms and stared at Lydia doubtfully.

⠀⠀"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break in at the high school. She said if i called again that they're gonna trace it and have me arrested." She explained in a state of disbelief.

⠀⠀"Okay, then call again!" Allison said as if it were the obvious thing to do.

⠀⠀"They won't trace the cell," Elise explained with an exasperated sigh, "they'll send a car to your house before the send anyone here. It's useless."

Allison seemed to be crying now, her movements shaky. Elise wanted to go over and hug her, but Lydia was already there, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

⠀⠀"What the-what-what is this? Why does Derek wanna kill us? Why is he killing anyone?" she said shakily.

No one spoke, only stared at Scott, who looked as clueless as everyone else - which was not reassuring for anyone.

⠀⠀"Why's everyone looking at me?"

⠀⠀"Maybe because you're the one who told us it was Derek, got us lured here, and-" Stiles squeezed Elise's hand and coughed, stopping her from ranting to Scott about Scott for any longer.

⠀⠀"Is Derek the one that sent the text?"

⠀⠀"No. I mean, i don't know."

⠀⠀"Is he the one who called the police?"

⠀⠀"I don't know!" Scott shouted, losing his temper more and more by the minute.

Stiles grabbed Scott and pulled him up, "All right, let's ease back on the throttle here guys." He said before dragging Scott to the corner of the room away from everyone.

⠀⠀"If i die here because of Scott McCall, I swear to god I will come back and haunt his ass for eternity." Elise huffed, walking over to the other three. She had decided being depressing (realistic) about the situation was not going to improve it, and that being more lighthearted would help everyone.

No one else said anything or would look at each other and the silence put Elise even more on edge. It wasn't like she could entertain anyone; she doubted a game of eye spy would raise any ones spirits. Obviously getting fed up, Jackson stalked up to Scott and Stiles and pulled them apart.

⠀⠀"Okay, assheads - new plan. Stiles calls his useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and decent aim. Are we good with that?" he snapped.

⠀⠀Scott sighed and nodded reluctantly, "He's right. Tell him the truth if you have to, just-just call him."

⠀⠀Stiles stared at Scott like he'd just killed his dearly beloved childhood cat. "I'm not watching my dad get eaten alive."

⠀⠀"Eaten?" Elise spoke up, staring at them, although no one else seemed to pick up on that.

⠀⠀"All right," Jackson grunted, snatching at Stiles, "give me the phone."

Elise saw that Stiles' patience had worn away, and the next thing she knew Stiles' fist had collided with Jackson's face, sending him sprawling on the floor. Everyone stared as Allison ran to Jackson's side frantically, Scott's mouth opening and closing like a goldfish whilst he frowned.

⠀⠀"Jackson! Are you okay? Hey, are you okay?" she flustered, kneeling beside him as he held his cheek, staring at Stiles wildly.

Stiles shook his fist, grimacing slightly in pain, before pulling out his phone.

⠀⠀"Dad, hey, it's me. And it's your voicemail." everyone groaned. "i need you to call me back now. Like, right now. We're at school-" just then the barricaded door began to shake as something heavy banged against it repeatedly. The chairs began to fall away, snapping and breaking, leaving the door less and less protected. "Dad, we're at school."

⠀⠀"Oh my god!" Lydia cried, backing away from the door.

⠀⠀"The kitchen," Stiles shouted suddenly, "the door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell."

⠀⠀"Which only goes up." Scott pointed out.

⠀⠀All the chairs finally broke away, causing everyone to jump back. Stiles grabbed Elise's hand instinctively. "up is better than here." he muttered as everyone broke into a run up the stairs, falling over each other, and away from Derek Hale.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

They all collapsed into a heap into the next classroom, slamming the door shut and putting more chairs up against it. Everyone stood in silence, listening, the only sound each others ragged breath. Elise's hand was still clasped in Stiles, so she slipped it out awkwardly.

⠀⠀"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott inquired once they'd all caught their breath.

⠀⠀"Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap."

⠀⠀"Um, I barely fit in the back." Elise frowned.

⠀⠀"It doesn't matter." Stiles huffed, his hand on the back of his neck. "There's no getting out without drawing attention."

⠀⠀"What about this?" Scott suggested, pointing at another door by the teachers desk. "It leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds!"

⠀⠀Stiles gestured to the lock wearily, "That's a deadbolt."

⠀⠀"The janitor has a key."

⠀⠀"The janitor's dead, if you couldn't remember!" Elise shouted.

⠀⠀"I-I can get it," Scott said, not sounding so sure of himself. "I can find him."

⠀⠀"Well gee, that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea. What else you got?" Stiles snapped.

⠀⠀Scott turned to everyone decidedly. "I'm getting the key."

Allison stared at Scott, her eyes searching his, trying to see if he was being serious.

⠀⠀"Are you serious? You can't go out there unarmed." she spoke, her voice coming out as a whisper.

⠀⠀"It's better than nothing." Scott sighed.

⠀⠀"No, there must be something else,"

⠀⠀"There is." Lydia murmured, staring at the chemicals cabinet in the corner of the room like a light bulb had just gone off in her head.

⠀⠀"What are we gonna do? Throw acid on him?" scoffed Stiles.

⠀⠀"A fire bomb," Elise muttered, staring at Lydia. "You're a genius!"

⠀⠀Lydia nodded, "There's everything in there you need to make a self-igniting Molotov cocktail. What? I read it somewhere." she said defensively in reply to the impressed stares she was receiving.

⠀⠀"Lydia, I could kiss you." Elise laughed, earning a quizzical look from the ginger. "I mean - I won't, it's an expression."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

based off of 1x07 "night school"

sCOTT IS SUCH A FUCKBOY IN THIS SCENE OR AM I THE ONLY ONE THINKING THAT NO YES OKAY ALRIGHT JUST ME

hope you're all having a lovely day also