Chapter 6 : He needs me

I was stunned as he Vidarr asked me to be his muse.

"You mean like to paint me?" He nodded and scanned me.

"And also use you as my inspiration".

"Why would you want to use someone like me as your inspiration?"

"I told you, a beautiful mess". He tucked my hair behind my ears and I backed away a little from his touch.

These men had a habit of touching you without your permission and once again it reminded me Erebus, and that was something I didn't want to remember.

"So what exactly does a muse do?"

He gestured for me to follow him as he headed out of the gallery.

"Come on, I'll show you".

I followed him as we headed out.Anything was better than being near Erebus. There was a flashy red BMW that stood outside the studio. He opened the door as he flashed his teeth for me.

"I don't bite I swear".

I knew it wasn't normal to enter strangers cars randomly, and seeing that I was forced into Erebus's car and now willingly entered another one made me the tiniest bit weary, but I felt as though my life was beginning to fall apart slowly and so I stopped caring.

I entered into the backseat as Vidarr closed the door shut and went to the drivers seat.

"You're not going to kidnap me are you?" I jokingly spoke but deep inside I meant it, after all these days you never knew.

He caught my eyes in the review mirror and then focused his gaze on the traffic ahead.

"If I was... you wouldn't have willing come would you?" His voice turned serious all of a sudden and his hand  gripped the steering wheel tighter.

"Well if you were I'm pretty sure I wouldn't come. But then again you wouldn't have told me if you were a kidnapper".

He smirked and every few seconds he held contact with my eyes as he drove.

"Aren't you clever?"

"It's my specialty actually". I joked around feeling way less tense than with my earlier encounter with Erebus.

"I heard Erebus continues to reject you from getting any job".

"So it's known huh?"

He nodded his head and turned the steering wheel right.

"I actually need an assistant if you're looking for a job".

My ears perked up as he said that but I felt deflated. There's no way Erebus would allow his friend to offer me a job.

"I don't think he'd allow you to do that". I spoke sullenly knowing I was at a dead end.

"He is my friend not my boss. I am free to do whatever I want and he can't control me". He winked at me through the review mirror.

"Does that mean you'll accept my offer?"

I thought about it for a second and knew it was the best choice. Erebus wouldn't control his friend and I needed a job so this was my solution.

"When do I start?" I questioned him and he allowed a small smile to escape his lips.

"Whenever you want, your job would mostly entail following me around as my assistant but I'll make sure to not load it on you".

It didn't seem that hard to be an assistant. All I had to do was listen to his orders and follow out on it. I felt a sense of vengeance in my head as I thought about Erebus.