~05

I. Am. An idiot.

As soon as I was out of the building, I immediately regretted my decision to run away.

To be honest, I, too, had no idea why I ran. I was experiencing a lot of emotions at once.

But still...I shouldn't have left Mr. Jeon like that. He must be feeling so confused...

I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for a sudden confrontation, especially if my soulmates were gonna be goddamn successful businessmen.

I shouldn't have done that.

"Why, hello there," A voice called out from behind me. I jumped.

"Who...?" I started, but the words caught in my throat when I saw who spoke. He had round glasses, and wavy hair, but his face was breathtaking, like it was carved by angels.

"I saw you run out from this building," he said. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, I--no..." I said, blinking, trying to shield my eyes from the sun. "Do you...Do you work here?" I asked the tall man. His broad shoulders are really distracting me though...

"Hmm, well...I kind of...own this place, so..." he said casually, as if anyone could own a giant glass building.

This man must be one of Mr. Jeon's soulmates.

"And yours too," said a voice. It sounded awfully like Mr. Jeon's.

I looked around, but he wasn't in sight. It was only me and the other businessman.

Mr. Jeon? I asked in my head. Ah, right, he can manipulate minds. I'm surprised he still reached me. Telepathy must have a good signal anywhere, I guess...

"You're gonna have to give me a good explanation as to why you ran off there, Miss L/N," Mr. Jeon continued. "Ah, and I see you ran into Seokjin hyung."

"Who?" I said out loud, forgetting that we were talking telepathically.

The man behind me jumped. "Gosh, woman, you scared me..." he said.

"Are you...Mr...Kim Seok...Jin?" I asked carefully.

The man nodded. "Ah, I'm glad at least one person knows me. Most people don't know who I am, they just ignore me, and my feelings get hurt."

I stared at him. "Um, so...how should I call you, then?"

"Jin is fine," he said, waving his hand off. "Honestly, I don't really care what people call me, as long as they're not scared of me." He extended his other hand. "Nice to meet you, Miss...?"

"Oh, um, L/N Y/N," I answered, taking his hand.

Instead of shaking it, though, he studied my hand. "You've got seven dark rings. You haven't found your soulmate yet, huh? And all of them areمذكر."

I realized where this was going, and pulled my hand away immediately. "Yeah, um, I haven't found my soulmates yet."

Jin studied me for a moment, and I desperately hoped he couldn't read minds. I breathed a sigh of relief when he looked away.

"So, why were you running out of the building again?" He asked me for the last time.

"It's nothing, I just...I was in a hurry..." I replied. Well, it wasn't a lie, so sue me.

"Hmm, but I'm pretty sure our working hours are up 6:00 in the evening."

"Oh, well, I had to go for um, an early lunch." I know I know, lying was bad, especially to my boss, but I couldn't have them finding out that they're my soulmates, at least for the time being. I just feel like it's gonna be rushed.

"Perfect timing, I have to go pick up my lunch too," Jin said, checking his watch. "Well, since you're a new recruit, today's your lucky day! You get to go for a drive with Worldwide Handsome Jin, wow."

I laughed nervously. "What? No, I'll just take too much of your time. You...probably have too much to do, and you're probably busy and..."

"Nonsense!" And with that, Jin walked up to a parked, gray, two-door Maserati. I watched him reach into his pocket and pull out the keys. The car beeped, and he opened the door.

I didn't know whether to run again, or decline. I was just about to run after all, when I saw Mr. Jeon about to open the big glass doors of the company. Panicking, I hurried after Jin, climbing into the passenger seat.

He grinned, and soon, we were off.

I'm worried about how reckless I'm being today.