What You Don't Know...

I spent the next three day in seclusion thanks to being in heat but finally it passed and I couldn't have been happier. I was starting to get cabin fever, and I kind of missed Noah-not that I would ever admit that out loud. In the past two years-I hadn't found anything as enjoyable as riling up the big bad alpha. So I made the decision to leave my room today without being prompted to first. When I opened the door the guard I had tricked was there to greet me. He looked in my direction, "Luna."

I gave him a sheepish smile, "Carson-I told you, call me Scarlett." He made a face at this like he wasn't sure it was a good idea. Probably afraid that Noah would get upset if he addressed me so informally. So I decided to make it easier for him, "Call me Scarlett-That's an order!" I gave him a stern look for a moment before following it up with a friendly smile.

"Scarlett..." He says my name awkwardly.

"Yes, Carson?" I question back. His cheeks seem to take on a light blush and I try not to laugh.

"Is there something I can do for you?" He looks at me skeptically probably wondering if I was going to lock him in the bathroom again. You trick someone one time and they're always suspicious of you.

"Actually, yes. I would like to see Noah-Could you take me to him?"

"Alpha is not here right now Lun-Scarlett." He replies. I feel a pang of something but I'm not sure what, "Oh? Well, when will he be back?"

"I don't know."

"Do you at least know where he went?" Last time he told me before he went anywhere-I wonder why he didn't come see me like he did last time.

"I am not sure I want to tell you."

This makes a small part of me ignite with a suspicion, "Why not?"

"Because frankly I'm a little scared of you Scarlett." He answers honestly. My wolf purrs with satisfaction at the knowledge that she causes grown men to be afraid. I roll my eyes at her and look to Carson with determination, "Good-but you're not the one who should be afraid of me. Now tell me where he went."

He swallows and hesitates for a moment before answering me, "He went to negotiate the terms of an alliance he made with another pack..." I slitted my eyes at him, "And why would you not want to tell me that? What are the terms he wishes to negotiate?"

"Uh-This was an agreement he made before he met you-" He prefaces which only makes me more suspicious about what it could be, "Just spit it out Carson!" I growl my friendliness gone.

"He was supposed to take the Alpha's daughter as his mate and make her Luna of this pack." He says in a hurry and then takes a step back away from me as if I am going to turn into some beast and rip him to shreds. I feel something hot burning inside of me and a low growl erupts from me turning into a full blown roar of anger. I am going to kill him! I am going to KILL him!

"Luna-" I look to him with narrowed eyes and he corrects himself, "Scarlett! I mean Scarlett!"

"Thank you for being honest with me Carson-" I say through clenched teeth before I push pass him and start marching down the hallway.

"Where are you going?" He calls after me probably not sure if he should follow me or not.

"To find my mate-" I yell back, "And skin him alive..." I add under my breath.

I had no idea where Noah was but someone was going to take me him or I was going to turn into a She-Devil. I was still directionally challenged but somehow my feet carried me straight to Noah's office. I turned the doorknob but the door was locked which only pissed me and my wolf off more. He thinks he can keep me out with a simple lock? Not even the gates of hell couldn't keep me out right now. Without much thought to it I backed up a few feet and then charged at the door kicking out with my leg hard. The door snapped open under the force of my kick sending splinters of wood everywhere.

Behind the door I found a surprised couple of wolves. Dane was standing behind Noah's desk and the familiar face of the wolf called murphy was there and someone else I had never met. I probably looked like a beast sent to drag them off to hell. Dane cleared his throat, "Is there something I can help you with Luna?" He addressed me formally I didn't care enough to correct him at the moment. I came into the room and the other wolves took a small step back. I know I am sending out crazy dominating vibes at the moment, "Yes-you are going to take me to Noah and you are going to take me right now." I demand.

Dane made a face at me like I was being ridiculous. He laughs lightly trying to lighten the mood, "I can't leave the pack Luna-while Noah is gone I am in charge. He shouldn't be gone more than a couple of days-when he gets back I'll tell him to come see you immediately." He winked as if this was some kind of joke. He probably though I was still in heat-looking to get some relief. I narrowed my eyes at him before I let out a menacing chuckle, "That's not really going to work for me. Someone is going to take me to him or I am going to become your worst nightmare-You really don't want to get in-between me and my Mate." I said mate venomously. The wolf I was not familiar with cleared his throat, "Luna-" I turned my eyes to him and he stood up a little taller, "My mate-she could take you to Alpha Noah if that would be acceptable to you. She knows the way since he visiting with her old Alpha..."

"Call your mate here..." I say trying to reign in my anger not wanting to scare the poor woman when she got here. We all stood quietly waiting for the next five minutes. I seethed in my anger, how could my second chance mate be such a moron? Who makes some kind of agreement like that? Who needs an alliance that badly that they would agree to something like that? I planned to figure out for myself.

There was a light knock on the busted door and I turned my attention to the doorway to find Nadia standing there awkwardly. I actually felt a strange relief at the sight of her. She looked around the room, "You wanted to see me?" Her mate cleared his throat, "Nadia-The Luna wishes to see the Alpha. Would you please escort her?"

Nadia looks from her mate to me quietly assessing the situation. When our gazes met she lower her head, "Of course. It would be a privilege to escort you."

"Great!" I say darkly. I look back to the men, "You gentlemen enjoy the rest of your day-Keep up the good work." I take purposeful steps towards my friend, "Nadia-" I put my hand on her shoulder and she lifts her head looking me in the eyes, "Let's go-I have an Alpha in severe need of an ass kicking." I say so only she can hear me. Her eyes spark up and a small grin spreads over her lips, "Follow me Luna-" She gives a wink before she turns and walks out of the room.