Chapter 8

Marinette had just pinged but she couldn't hear it over her sewing machine as she was making the hat she had drawn up earlier.

After finally finishing the hem, she turned off the machine. It was getting late and she had to hand sew some embroidery before she could do the next bit and that would take a while.

Hearing a ping, she grabbed her phone. It was a notification from Candy Crush telling her to come collect her daily prize, adn one from Damian.

Unlocking her phone, she clicked on his text and was shocked by what she read.

Damian
Yes, a cat named Alfred, a dog named Titus and a cow named Batcow.

How did he have a cow? Did he live on a farm or something? A million questions were running through her head: how, when, why she didn't know what to text him.

"Marinette dinner" Sabine called from downstairs. So placing down  her phone she left to have dinner, and hopefully come with a reply while she ate.

Dinner was quiche, a new recipe her dad made and he wanted them to taste it. They still had leftover pasta in case the recipe didn't turn out right.

Luckily the new recipe was a success and delicious, it was a hit at dinner, heading up to bed she went to put her phone on charge nearly forgetting about replying to Damian till, Tikki reminded her.

So grabbing her phone she texted back a simple response instead of asking a million questions at once, this was the closest thing she had, had to friendship that didn't include Adrien and Kagami.

Marinette
How do you have a cow!!!!!

She typed waiting a few minutes and she didn't get a response and was still left on delivery. She could always reply to them in the morning.

Turning off the light in her room she went to bed wondering how he had a cow of all animals as a pet.

In Gotham

It had been just a few minutes after the bats had left for patrol, when Damians phone had popped up with a message.

Alfred had heard the phone ping and took a look to see a message from a contact named Marinette and he was certain that it was Gina's granddaughter.

The two were clearly talking as she sent a question asking how he had a cow as a pet. He was more than happy to tell Gina on their next call that the two were texting and had become friends.

Everything was going to plan, faster than the two imagined but they couldn't wait for the children's summer break to see what would happen when the two met in person and revealed they were the person they were texting.

Alfred was happy his grandson was making a friend and maybe a future girlfriend at that.

Leaving the phone where he had found it he had found it before heading to the bat computer and put on com to help out with the nightly patrol.