What is happening?

------------------------------------
Let's see how this goes *hides under the blanket*

A few years have passed.
Sans: 10 y/o
Papyrus: 4 y/o
------------------------------------

Stalking through the snow, you look quietly around for prey to hunt.

After some time you see a tall buck, the first time when you saw it you were surprised at how it looked. It wasn't a normal brown looking one, nah its fur was light blue with some white spots, the horns are sturdy white crystals, instead of four legs, it has now six, and in some spots, there are some smaller looking crystals growing.

Every creature that you knew of died or changed its appearance, what once were peaceful creatures, turned into aggressive and crystal eating ones, well the herbivore ones are now eating crystals.

Circling to the back of the buck slowly to not alarm it of your presence. You sped into a sprint when the head was lowered, and materialized a sharp bone like a knife, with one edge sharp to the tip in your hand.

The buck was too late to react, with you landing on its back, grappling in a position to slam the knife bone directly under the neck straight up through the skull instantly killing it.

With now the dead buck, it is falling down in a loud thud. You look around still on guard so nothing jumps you like a damn squirrel, really feisty things if they see some meat laying around. They eat everything they can get in their small grabby hands.

You secure the dead buck, levitate it up with your magic and make your way back home.

Looking up you see a clear sky, you feel that today is going to be a nice warm day, what you would call warm. Even though it is a summer month, it won't ever be the one you knew, no green leaves or colorful flowers blooming.

Your gaze wanders back down, and you notice a small glimmer in the corner of your eyesockets.

You squint at the spot, then look around you, and debate to check the glimmer out.

What can you do, your curiosity gets the better of you and you go for it, someday this will bite you back.

You check your surroundings again to be safe. Getting on your knee and still having some awareness of your surrounding you dig the shiny item out.

Huh, you never knew you would find something like this, is it a coincidence? Turning the bug-shaped crystal, its color blue and a spot on the back tinted yellow like it would hold a stone, weird. What was the bug's name again? Scrab, nah it sounds wrong, Scara... Scarabäus. Ah yes, that was it, the meaning was something about being reborn you think.

You chuckle at that lowly. Well, you could think about it later or just ignore it, but for now, you should get going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am back home!" you say as you enter the house.

You hear small feet approaching fast, turning at the right time to catch your precious brother, as he yells your name in glee with a hard time pronouncing the S.

"SHANSH!" he giggles and hugs you tightly around your neck. "HOW WASH HUNTING TODAY?"

You smile at him "It was great Paps, I got something big today we could go out and you can take a look in the shed"

"YESH PLEASHE" he jumps down and immediately wants to run to the door, but before he can even do it you stop him. "Paps you forgot something"

He looks confused, you point down at himself. "FO-FORKET MY JACKET!" he immediately noticed and beelined for his jacket and gloves he didn't mention.