The Aftermath Pt. 1

"I still can't believe they're shutting this place down." Mako sighed, putting a shirt into a box.

"Yeah. We had some good memories here, didn't we?" Bolin smiled, distantly

"We sure did, buddy" Elira nudged his shoulder as she walked past with a box in her arms.

" Guys! Great news" Korra suddenly came running up the stairs excitedly " You don't have to go back on the streets. I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with me and El!"

Elira shared a look with the boys as Pichi jumped onto her shoulder" Korra, I already offered for them to stay with us but..."

"Asami already invited us to live in her dad's giant mansion!" Bolin finished with a huge smile

Korra's face fell in disappointment

"From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us." Bolin grinned, his arm around his brother.

" Oh hey, Korra" Asami appeared on top of one of the platforms, holding Pabu " I was hoping you would stop by"

She let go of Pabu and climbed down the ladder, not noticing the irritated look that crossed the Avatar's face.

"I was just leaving" Korra turned to Elira and the boys, waving "I'll see you at home, El. And I guess I'll see you guys around, sometime"

"Why not tomorrow? I'd love to have you come visit the estate." Asami offered

"I don't know. I have some ... Avatar stuff to do." Korra replied

Bolin picked up Pabu and waved him in front of his face so it looked like Pabu was talking in a high-pitched voice.

"Come on, Korra. We all deserve a little rest and relaxation after all this craziness. We could swim in Asami's pool. It'll be fun!"

Korra and Elira laughed

"Alright, Pabu" Korra agreed

"Great, we'll see you tomorrow." Asami smiled, standing next to the others.

Korra headed back down the stairs while the others waved goodbye with Bolin still using Pabu as a puppet.

*

Cannonball!" Elira yelled, jumping off of a statue into Asami's pool the next day, landing in the water with a splash.

Pichi was laying next to Asami sat on the side and screeched when the water hit her. She climbed up Asami's shoulder and hid in her long dark locks. Asami chuckled and pet the lemur softly.

Elira resurfaced pushing her soaked hair out of her face grinning before turning and laughing as Pabu jumped into a pool after her squealing.

"Earthbending bomb!" The airbender quickly moved as Bolin belly-flopped into the pool, splashing the others in the process.

Elira laughed, jumping on her best friend's back when he resurfaced, trying to dunk him under the water again.

The butler then walked into the room, escorting Korra behind him.

"Avatar Korra ... has arrived" He announced

"Hey, Korra!" Mako waved, standing next to Asami in the pool.

"Glad you made it!" Asami smiled, Pichi still perched on her shoulder

Bolin surfaced from the water with his hands out "Welcome to paradise!"

He then put his hands behind his head and floated on his back while Pabu climbed onto his belly, purring when Elira scratched behind his ear.

" Looks like you guys settled right, in," Korra said, slightly sarcastically, sitting down on a bench by the pool.