Chapter Nine

LYRA
________

I had heard my Wolf clear, but the words still felt unreal to me. It didn't make any sense, but at the same time, it made perfect sense.

I had been taken minutes before I was announced as Gabriel's Luna, only to end up in the place that I had yearned to be in for years; with my mate. Except, that person was none other than Alpha Alexander, Pale Moon's exact enemy.

The person that Gabriel had demonstrated his anger because of many times. The one person who had brought hell to my pack. I wanted to feel happy, but I was sad and confused at the lives lost because of Alexander, because of my mate.

At the same time, it made perfect sense because of how pulled and attractive I felt towards him. But the hopes and dreams that I had fantasied about my mate in my head, suddenly felt empty. Was it wrong to want a mate that did not come with the drama?

My Wolf snarled in frustration, but I ignored her. She hadn't seen what I had in the two years that I had been in the pack house.

"Here," Alexander's voice brought me out of my trance. "You look like you have seen a ghost."

I glanced down at the glass of water in his hand, but made no attempt to take it from him. He had killed many wolves, and now I was here with him, acting like his past did not matter.

"I'm assuming by your reaction that you know we are mates," Alexander commented, the corner of his mouth lifting slightly.

The smirk on his face angered me, but also excited my Wolf.

"I'm going home," I declared, ignoring him.

"You are home," he growled. "This is your home now, where you belong."

"I don't know you," I cried. "How is this my home?"

A line appeared between his eyebrows and he studied me with hard eyes.

Carefully, he placed the glass of water down by the coffee table. "I thought you were being difficult because you didn't know that we are mates."

At the mention of mates, my Wolf purred in ecstasy. I wanted to hate Alexander, but I knew deep down that I could never. The sadness that I felt made me want to leave.

"I don't want to be here," I said, my voice stern.

"You are mine," he bellowed, his voice filled with authority. "You're not rejecting me."

I glared at him. "You're not taking me by force," I retorted.

"You belong to me," he snarled.

"I belong to no one!"

"Is this because of Gabriel?"

"This is because of me and what I want!"

He scoffed. "We both know what you really want and that is to be here with me, your mate."

My brows scrunched up at his words. He was right. I wanted to be near him, because of my Wolf's pull toward his. It angered me. I couldn't be with the enemy, could I?

"We're enemies," I reminded him, waiting for his reaction.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Your pack is my enemy, you're not."

I rolled my eyes. "In case you have forgotten, I belong in that pack."

He growled. "Not anymore. You're my Luna, you belong here."

"It's better if I leave before it causes more problems for both packs," I said, sadly, my voice hardly above a whisper.

I knew he could hear me, so there was no need to exert myself by speaking louder. If Gabriel had sent out a search warrant, a feud was guaranteed between the packs.