Chapter Fifteen

LYRA
________

When I exited my room and found the kitchen in the pack house, Alexander was nowhere in sight.

Instead, Adam and Zynthéa were by the kitchen island munching on food and laughing about something.

"No way," Zynthéa told him, loudly. "My girl is going to kick your ass, for sure."

"Psht," the boy smirked. "You have poor judgement. I'm definitely going to win."

I glanced at the pair, confused. I wasn't sure what they were talking about but didn't want to intrude either. As I made my step to leave the pair, Zynthéa's voice brought me to a halt.

"Lyra, you're up!"

I bit my bottom lip and turned around to face them. "I am. You both seemed busy, I didn't mean to interrupt."

She smiled at me. "Come, we were just talking about our characters in this game." She raised the black phone in her hand.

"Ah," I replied, nodding. But I still didn't understand.

I glanced around the kitchen, wondering where Alexander was, but found him to be absent. When my eyes landed back on his sister, she grinned at me widely, and I arched a brow at her.

"He's in a meeting," she explained, as if she had read my mind. "He'll be back down soon."

Again, I simply nodded. I wanted to tell her I didn't care, but I obviously did.

As much as I hated admitting it to myself, I felt myself wanting to be around him. It was my Wolf's pull, but I couldn't place all the blame on her. I wanted him too. I just struggled to accept that because of what he had done to my pack.

"Did you have your breakfast?"

I turned my attention back on the female, only now remembering that I had left the tray upstairs in the room.

"I didn't have an appetite," I told her honestly.

Her face fell a little bit. "Alexander made you the food himself," she told me, a half smile playing on her lips. "It's the first time he's cooked for anyone in a long time."

Her words made me feel guilty, but I didn't let that show. It wasn't entirely my fault that I hadn't ate anything. It had been too early to eat. As much as I wanted to hate my mate, I was still grateful for his acts of kindness.

"I will try to eat later," I told her to make her feel a bit better, but she smiled and then turned her gaze back to the curly haired boy.

Adam didn't speak to me much, but I didn't mind. I preferred to not speak with others in their pack, with Zynthéa being the only exception.

"Adam, you cheater!" Zynthéa cried, nudging the boy in the ribs with her elbow.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Adam whined, glaring at her.

"I told you to wait, why would you hit me before I was ready! You cheated!"

Adam scoffed. "You're such a sore loser. Relax, it's just a game."

"If it was just a game then you should have waited! We're going again and this time I'm beating your cheating ass!"

"Okay, now you're just being dramatic."

Zynthéa gaped at him. "I will show you dramatic."

I caught myself watching the pair in amusement, not even realising. When I could feel another presence near me, I snapped out of it and turned to the intruder.