Chapter 11

One of these days, I'm going to kill him

I know I am.

I just don't know when. But it'll happen. I can feel it.

Refusing to let myself be the subject of humiliation, I motion at Vi and Delilah to leave. Immediately understanding my need to go, Vi nods and patiently waits for me and Delilah to follow.

We bid our farewells to the others and then we're out of there.

I'm never coming here with Delilah again.

Because fuck that.

That evening, I found another balcony at the hotel and have taken my guitar and notebook there

I'm sitting on one of the chairs while the wind is playing with my hair, but I couldn't care less about it.

I'm strumming the guitar and occasionally writing something down. My voice is a mere hum in the night and I try to string words together.

Ares' words echo in my head and make me clench my jaw together. It takes away my focus from writing, but I wanted to distract myself.

My eyes fall on the written words in my notebook and I pick up my pen, continuing to scribble down some more words.

"Would she always be an angel?
A good girl? Her thoughts mirrored his.
They were like magnets, though she denied everything.
He could see behind the fake smile she exhausted.
And brought her down to her knees."

It gets quiet and I let my voice die down as I write the lyrics. I repeat them over and over again, playing the guitar and trying to find a good rhythm.

"Begging for mercy. Begged for mercy.
Her lips were all he could see. His touch was all she could feel.
And they got lost in each other.
Like a goddess luring in a prince.
Or in their case
The devil luring in the goddess,
like a sin."

This is a rough draft and it needs some editing, but I want to work with this. I like the concept.

My back snaps upright at the feeling of another presence with me and all the hairs on my body raise in suspicion.