Trust Is Earned

"Damn it," Fransisco hollered and swept the content down his table with his arm. His second in command rushed into his cabin only to see everything scattered haphazardly on the floor. Fransisco was hunched over his chair, His face was covered with his hands and his shoulders were tensed. He was stressed out.   

"Boss," the subordinate called in an uncertain tone. Fransisco didn't reply. The muscular man walked over to him.

"Boss," he tried again. This time Fransisco looked up. His orbs were flaming with rage and vengeance. The standing man retreated a step in response. 

"I want him dead," he growled in deep vehemence. 

"I want that motherfucker dead," he snarled, feeling out of control. Danzel had confiscated his large shipments, burnt many warehouses, and snatched big projects from him. The man was playing dirty to get to him. Not only that, but he also had Inessa with him. That little angel. Fransisco was beyond furious. 

Danzel was a ruthless monster. He knew no mercy and certainly didn't have a heart. He couldn't believe they were best friends once. It seemed like a dream.   

He could only imagine what that mute girl must be going through. He had no doubt that he was torturing her to her limits. Tormenting others was just a part of his sadistic personality. He wanted to rescue her but that bastard had her caged from all sides. She had become unreachable.

He tried to reach her a few times only to discover she had blocked him. 

"Boss, what is your command. He is in the US?" 

"We will wait for the right time to strike," Fransisco stated. 

He was waiting for just one slip from his side and then he will strike. He will make him pay for every suffering they caused to his family.

It is then his PA entered. Her eyes surveyed the room in shock before they rested on him. 

"Sir, the minister has arrived," she stated in a professional manner. 

"Send him in," Fransisco answered. 

..............

Inessa was alone in the house. The cleaning staff would always come early in the morning and leave immediately after finishing their work. She had no one to talk to. 

After taking a bath, she came downstairs to make herself breakfast. Her stomach was rumbling continuously since she hadn't eaten anything last night. She was still regretting telling him her innermost secret. He wasn't worth it. 

She was quietly eating her breakfast when he entered the kitchen. Her hand stopped midway and her body tensed at once like a caught prey at his arrival. He, however, didn't advance towards her but towards the coffee machine to get his morning fill. 

The machine roared to life in the, otherwise, quiet room as the thick liquid poured down into the mug. Inessa kept her head low, concentrating on her breakfast. The air got chilly for Inessa when, from her peripheral vision, she caught him taking a seat across from her. The wooden chair creaked weakly under his huge weight. 

Her appetite had dulled. She was now pecking on her food just to keep herself distracted from his suffocating aura. She could feel his eyes weighing down on her. The intensity of his unwavering gaze was scorching her skin.  

"What did your last doctor say?" he pierced the silence with his unexpected question. 

She raised her eyes to meet his. His intense gaze was already on her. His face was stoic but his eyes held a tinge of interest. 

She quickly averted her gaze. She wasn't going to allow him to hurt her again. She might have confided in Danzel that he once was but not him 

"I asked you something," he remarked, annoyed by her noncompliance. Instead, she simply rose to her feet and turned towards the sink.