Chapter Sixty

Clarice and Severus had woken up the following morning feeling more refreshed than the previous day. Their walk through the castle was more than what Clarice could have ever imagined. Not only was it a beautiful, historical work of art, but it was littered in her family's history and she even got to meet a few of the distant family members. Of course, they were ghosts, but she couldn't care less.

The walk was pleasant, but what Clarice enjoyed most was stargazing with someone else who shared the same affinity as her. With both women in sync, it was as if their senses were doubled and they had to quit sooner than usual because it drained them so quickly. Although they had to stop short, the knowledge they had gained from one another, the ghosts, and the help of the stars was more than what they needed to overcome the curse set over the town.

"Breakfast?" Freja called as the pair sauntered in.

"Please," Clarice smiled and took a plate to fill the eggs and bacon Anastasia had cooked for them.

"So do you guys have a plan yet?" Anastasia asked them once everyone was sitting down.

"Er..." Freja started.

"We're going to need to scavenge around for some herbs." Clarice said.

"What kind?" Severus asked.

"Well, there's a lot of things actually." Freja found.

"Like?" Asked Anastasia.

"We need the herbs to represent..." Clarice looked to Freja.

"Courage, Happiness, Love, Luck, Peace, Protection..." Freja trailed off, this time looking to Clarice.

"Success, Wisdom, and Health." Clarice finished.

"Nine different herbs?" Severus asked.

"They're actually quite common herbs." Clarice informed them.

"Well are you going to tell us?" He asked her.

"For Courage we need stinging nettle, happiness needs feverfew, Love needs sorrel, Luck needs heather, Peace needs clary sage, Protection needs marjoram, Success need Lovage, Wisdom needs Chervil, Health needs chamomile," She finished and noticed Anastasia writing it down.

"I have a few of these in my cupboard actually." Anastasia spoke and stood up. Severus eyed Clarice, they hadn't gotten to talk much since she came to bed after he was already asleep.

Clarice understood what he was thinking, for he knew everything about every single potion that was invented and even more. He knew the potion they had to brew and it wasn't an easy one; in fact, it was quite dangerous and only ever knew of very few wizards being able to successfully brew it.

"Those aren't all of the ingredients though, is it?" Severus asked as Anastasia walked back with seven different vials. Clarice shook her head quickly and looked over the vials.

"I'm missing the nettle and chervil, but that should be easy to forage." She spoke.

"What are the other ingredients?" Severus asked Clarice.

"Venomous Tentacula, Snargaluff, Arnica Syrup, and... Cromwell blood." Clarice spoke.

"All extremely deadly ingredients? Minus your blood I guess..." Severus muttered and sighed. "Might I add this potion is going to take a while to brew?"

"I realized that... I already sent Albus an owl... and Grandma." Clarice said while thinking of their little Elio.

"Eli will have the time of his life with Aggie, don't worry about him love," Severus assured.