Deja Vu

"Strawberry ice cream, one spoon for two

"Strawberry ice cream, one spoon for two."
Deja Vu
Olivia Rodrigo

The sheets were cold as he pulled them tightly over his shoulders. Each soft morning giggle was enough for George to sink even further upon the man beneath him. Nothing heated, nothing sexual, just him. Both bare besides their underwear George sighed. The wide expanse of tanned skin was laid exposed for him to explore.

A delicate finger traced the sunspots like stars on a constellation, from shoulder to shoulder, rib to rib, finishing just above his navel. It'd forever be engrained in that slow awful mind of his, this beautiful memory. Early morning whispers doused in summer sunlight and his laugh.

"You're not real," those were words repeated from years before.

"And you're beautiful," the entrancing response.

"I'll wake up soon." George traced his skin like it was the last time he'd ever touch him because, in reality, he knew it was. Here Dream was his, awake he'd watch from afar and smile as if nothing ever phased him. As if he didn't dream of those summer nights on repeat. "Then you'll be gone."

A gentle palm found home on George's morning creased cheek, "but I'm always here." Caressed across his forehead, he let his eyes close at the feeling of how real it always appeared. Keening into the touch like a needy lover.

He managed a smile, "always here."

His conscience never let the kiss happen. It was always an inch away before both eyes clicked and he was awake again. Torn down from the clouds and released into reality.

George gripped at the unfamiliar couch beneath him and sighed. He hadn't remembered falling asleep. Both eyes widened and panic dropped into his stomach, he didn't remember falling asleep. Where was Ashlyn? He was alone in the living room, the remnants of toys spread across the floor.

Standing up far too fast, he let the black edges clear before he took off down the hallway. She wasn't in the living room where he'd woken. A vague recollection of Dream and Sapnap putting on a movie danced through his panic but nothing seemed to register after that.

She wasn't in Sapnap's room. George left the doors open as he searched. His room was also desolate. It wasn't until he made it to Dream room that the laughter found his ears.

"Dada! Look!" George stood in the doorway frazzled by sleep and panting from exertion of panic.

Sapnap was on his phone on Dream's couch while the other man sat on the floor with Ashlyn. And... Jade. His baby was holding a tiny teddy bear in her lap, one George knew he hadn't bought.

Wiping the lingering panic from his eyes, he spat, "what the fuck guys?"

Dream's easy expression darkened, "you alright?"

"No," George huffed. "No, I'm not. You three nearly...I woke up and she wasn't there!"

"Oh," Dream seemed to realize. "I'm sorry. We just thought you'd want to sleep. You haven't been able..."