Chapter 24

The small group had breakfast together in the room where Luana was.

After that, Lucas helped Sofia carry the dishes they had used back to the kitchen while the doctor checked on Luana's condition.

"Everything seems normal to me at the moment. How are you feeling ?" he asked the young princess.

"Apart from the fatigue, I feel great," she replied.

"Good. Fatigue is one of the side effects of the soporific. So, it's nothing to worry about."

"That reassures me. Thank you very much, Doctor. For everything," she said, smiling.

"Please, My Child. I only did my duty."

Lucas came back into the room with Sofia. He walked towards the old man.

"How is she, Doctor ?" he asked.

"She's doing very well, My Boy. She's fully recovered. There's no need to worry anymore."

"That's very good news !" exclaimed Sofia with joy.

"Yeah... Thank God..." Lucas whispered with a sigh of relief.

The young princess gently took off the blanket covering her legs and tried to get up. But she felt slightly dizzy and fell back gently on the bed.

The old lady helped her to lie down again and covered her up.

"Don't force yourself, Sweetie. You're still a little bit weak," Sofia said worriedly.

"We have to go, Aunt Sofia. We have to get back to the inn. We've already caused you enough trouble as it is," Luana retorted.

"What trouble are you talking about ? You will always be welcome here, Luana," Alastair exclaimed.

"I know... And thank you so much for that... But..."

"No buts. You're our guests and you're going to spend the night here. We haven't had the opportunity to have a good dinner and talk together yet," he added.

"That's true. Do us this favor, Luana. Please, My Child," asked the old lady.

"Come on, Aunty Luana ! Say yes ! Please !" begged Susan with a puppy dog expression.

Under the pleading eyes of the old couple and their granddaughter, Luana looked hesitantly at Lucas, who nodded affirmatively, smiling at her.

The young princess sighed heavily before showing a big smile to the old couple.

"Okay..."

"Yippee !!! Aunty Luana and Uncle Lucas are going to spend the night with us !" exclaimed the little Susan with joy.

Luana chuckled lightly at the little girl's cute reaction.

"Yeah, Sweetheart. But first, we need to get our things back from the inn," the young princess said.

"Don't worry about it. I'll go get them now," Lucas replied.

"Okay... Thank you..."

"I'm going out too to go get some medicinal herbs in the forest before lunch," Alastair said.

"So, we'll all meet at lunchtime," concluded Sofia.

"Yeah, that's it," the young knight replied.

The little Susan tugged slightly on her grandmother's dress to attract her attention.

"Grandmother, Grandmother !" she called her.

"Yes, My Darling ?"

"Can I go with Uncle Lucas ? I want to see the city, please."