thirteen

• second to last chapter :( •

"Hey-" Wednesday cut herself off as Kate pulled her back onto the elevator she'd just stepped off of.

"Hi, we gotta go," Kate said, pressing the button for the ground floor.

"Is something wrong? Is that why you're back in your suit?" Wednesday said.

"Yes. I have your things," Kate held up a bag for Wednesday. "I tracked Clint's phone and he's with someone. I'll give you three guesses who," she said.

"Maya," Wednesday muttered, opening the bag and shoving her weapons into her jacket pockets. "Hey, Natasha's sister found me today. Her name's Yelena and she got me these sick throwing knives for my birthday," Wednesday said, showing her the knives.

"Woah, sick!" Kate mumbled. "That's nice of her," she added.

"Yeah, she said she likes us and thinks we're good fighters. She's quite cool. So, what's the plan?" Wednesday said.

"Assess when we get there," Kate said, pulling Wednesday off the elevator and towards an uber.

"Uber is our plan?" Wednesday said.

"For right now? Yes," Kate said, sliding into the car.

Wednesday hid behind a car in the parking lot Clint and Maya were talking in. She could see Kate on the roof, her bow and arrow drawn.

Kate nodded at Wednesday as she pulled her arrow and Wednesday jumped to her feet, running across to where Clint was lying on the floor. She grabbed him and started pulling him away while Kate handled Maya.

"Wednesday?" he mumbled.

"Hello, Clinton," Wednesday said, pulling him into an alleyway.

Kate jogged over to meet them, sliding her hand into Wednesday's and kissing her cheek.

"I bet you're wondering how we found you," Kate grinned at Clint.

"You tracked my phone again, didn't you?" Clint said.

"Yeah, she did," Wednesday said.

"So this rescue mission, you got an escape plan?" Clint asked.

They reached an uber parked at the end of the alleyway and the driver rolled the window down.

"Hey, are you Tabitha?" he asked.

"Yes," Kate said.

"Alright. Hop in," he said.

The three of them got into the backseat, Clint pulling the door shut behind him.

"For the record, I do not approve of you tracking my phone. But thank you," he muttered.

"Well, there's, uh... one more thing we should worry about," Kate said as they drove towards Grills' apartment.

"Yeah? What's that?" Clint said.

"Um... Do you remember the girl from last night, the one in the mask?" Kate said.

"Uh-huh," Clint said.

"Um, we spoke to her," Wednesday said.

"And?" Clint said.

"She said she's Natasha's sister," Kate said.

"Yelena?" Clint said.

"Yeah," Wednesday said. "She got me some throwing knives for my birthday. Weird, but cool of her," Wednesday said.

"Okay," Clint said.

The uber pulled up to the side of the road and they stepped out, Clint holding his shoulder.