24. Cameras

Sofia Zanetti- POV

Sofia Zanetti- POV

It had been a two week since I moved in, two week since I had last seen Lorenzo. That didn't mean he wasn't working or coming in and out of the house. His car was hard to not hear when it roared into the driveway and then followed by the sound of his keys and gun being thrown onto the foyer table as he worked the security system every time he came home.

I spent my days busying myself with different things and I think I finally have a clear idea where everything was in this house. There was so much to this house, everyday I discovered something new, from the library with the moving ladder just like in Beauty and the Beast and a huge basement wine cellar which happened to smell just like the ones you would find back in Italy.

I also had Maria contact the gardener, so that he could refill the pool for me, which I don't think had ever been used. So i made that my new hobby, taking swims each morning before breakfast.

Rosalina, Lorenzo's mama visited the house a few times over the week. I learnt a lot about her, but not her son. She did mention how Lorenzo had a difficult childhood and that was the reasons why he was so closed off all the time. Obviously I didn't want to ask him about his childhood but it made me curious. I seemed to know more about the new people around me than the man I was married to.

I cooked dinner and set up the table. I never ate with Lorenzo since we moved in, but today we would. I wasn't told to cook, that was strictly Maria's job. Lorenzo refused to eat anyone's cooking other than hers or his mothers. But I had cooked a few times last week and apparently he didn't say anything and ate what I had prepared, according to Maria.

I heard the door being unlocked and brushed down my dress as I waited for him to enter. Once he stepped in, his cologne immediately lingered into the air. His eyes fell on me as I tried my best not to scowl at the asshole.

God I hated this man.

You may be thinking, Sofia why are you so angry? Well let's just wait for dinner to commence.

"Hi" I walked towards him, trying my best to ignore how good he looked. Dammit, was there ever a day where he looked out of place? Even the small speckles of blood I noticed on his shirt still made him look like the smartest man alive.

I stood face to face with him, but obviously he towered above me so I had to look up.

He didn't say anything, his face stayed motionless but I knew he was confused. My hands reached down his chest, the feel of his hard lean body beneath my fingers and the ridges of his abs. I stopped at his buttoned blazer and undid each button then reached for the lapels and pushed it off his broad shoulders.