CH. 18

missed me? 😊
anyways, let's get back into it.

Raj walked out of his office, across the apartment into his room where Soleil had been listening to music since getting out of the shower earlier. He saw that she was standing in front of the windows, gazing at the surrounding buildings and people walking the streets to start off their Thursday night shenanigans.

She was humming along to the song playing on the speaker, the graphic medium sized, long sleeved t-shirt slightly hugging her body. Her braids were out of the bun she had in earlier, now freely draping over her shoulders, a black silk scarf tightly wrapped around her edges to keep her baby hairs in tact.

Earlier when the pair arrived back to Raj's place, he sparked a blunt for them to smoke and they sat on the balcony. They were so caught up in their deep conversations that they hadn't realized it was almost reaching midnight.

For the first time in days, it finally felt normal between them again, in the end, the pair could honestly admit that they missed each other's presence.

"High yet?" Raj approached Soleil from behind, wrapping his arms around her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"I think I've been standing here for ten minutes," she said, before she started to giggle. Raj grinned and pulled her back a little before letting go of her to close the curtains. "I want snacks,"

"Go get some, love. I'm boutta take a shower," he said, walking back towards the bathroom.

"I thought you already took one?" Lei turned around to face him, sporting a confused look. "What you been doing this whole time?"

"Sweetheart, I just walked in here." he started cracking up, pausing in the doorway of the bathroom. "I was in my office, remember?"

"Oh, right." she started giggling again, walking out of the room to head towards the kitchen, to grab a snack. She flicked on the light, opening the cabinet doors in search of something to satisfy her munchies.

She grabbed the family sized box of bite size Oreos and pulled out a pack for herself. Putting the box back onto the shelf, she shut the cabinet and walked over to the fridge, opening the freezer side.

She pulled out the tub of vanilla ice cream, and shut the freezer behind her before she sat the tub of ice cream down on the counter. "Oh boy, let's take our time. Oh boy, love's hard to find." she started singing along to the lyrics of the song that was still loudly playing in the background. "Oh boy, let's take it slow. Oh boy, let's not, let's not rush."

Lei grabbed a bowl out of the cabinet, along with the ice cream scooper from the drawer. As she started to fix her bowl, the music paused as a call came through on her phone. She sucked her teeth, quickly rushing to the room to check and see who was calling her.

To her surprise, it was Selah. Without hesitation, she swiped her finger across the screen, waiting for the call to connect as she headed back to the kitchen.

"Boooop!" Selah exclaimed once her face popped up on the screen. Lei giggled, propping the phone up against the unlit candle on the counter. "Uh—ma'am where you at!?" Selah squinted her eyes, seeing the unfamiliar background.

"At Raj's house — are you drunk? You don't ever call me this late." Lei laughed, crushing the small Oreos in the pack, before dumping them onto her ice cream. She put the lid back onto the tub of ice cream before putting it back into the freezer.