Episode 1 - The day where all began Part 2

"In fact, none of us are completely free from prejudice. We all have preconceived ideas about others." Ms. Park spoke in English as she started her lesson with Class 2-5. Areum paid attention to the lesson and wrote down any important notes in her book. Hearing a quiet whimper behind her, Areum glanced behind her and saw one of her classmates, Park Heesu, was holding her stomach in pain. Her hair was a mess and she started to sweat due to the pain that she tried to overcome.

"Heesu, are you okay?" Areum concerned as she watched the girl in pain.

"Yeah...I'm okay, don't mind me." The pained girl whispered to Areum as she tried to focus on the lesson. Not completely believing the girl, Areum nodded her head and returned her attention to the front class as she tried to give Hesu some personal space.

"Here, 'free from' means the lacking in or unencumbered by. Anyone want to interpret this?" The English teacher stated, tapping the chalk on the board as she waited for any of her students to answer her question. All of the students averted their eyes in order to avoid being called by the teacher. Suddenly, a scrape of a moving chair can be heard at the back of the class.

"Okay, Heesu." Ms. Park said. A smile can be seen on her face as one of her students wanted to interpret the translation on the board. The English teacher waited for her answer as all of the students stared at the standing girl.

"I need to use the bathroom." The girl at the back uttered in pain.

"Okay, you can go." Ms. Park gave her permission. Areum observed the girl as she walked out of the classroom. Overheard the English teacher sighed, Areum pivoted her attention to the lesson.

"Okay then, Who wants to have a crack at it?" Ms. Park looked around the class, tapping her chalk against the board as she patiently waited for her students to translate the phrase.

"Our classroom vice president?" the English teacher called as she stared at the young girl, fully aware that she could easily translate the phrase since English was one of her favorite subjects.

"The truth is all of us have some sort of prejudice. We all have perceptions about other people." Ms. Park listened to Areum's translation as she glanced around the classroom to see if all of her students were paying attention to her lesson.

"Hmm, okay. Nice." Ms. Park complimented. Namra lightly nudged her elbow on Areum, silently telling her good job in translating the phrase. Areum smiled in gratitude to her seatmate. "Next, Bare-su. Stand up, please." the teacher called the distracted boy.

The named boy lifted his head as he glanced at the English teacher while most of the students, including Areum, turned to look at him. Areum silently giggled when she watched her friend get caught by their teacher. Ms. Park once again told him to stand up, which he reluctantly obeyed.

"What's with the nickname 'Bare-su'?" The English teacher asked. Suhyeok only hummed as the teacher waited for him.

"It's short for Barefoot Suhyeok. Bare-su." Joonyeong explained, causing some of his classmates to laugh while hearing his explanation.

"Ah~" Ms. Park exclaimed.

"He hates wearing socks. He's weird about it." Daesu added as he turned his attention to the mentioned boy. "I can smell it a mile away." Daesu continued as he covered his nose with his fingers, making the whole class as well as their teacher laugh.

"Okay, Bare-su. What did Areum say a minute ago?"

Not paying attention toward the lesson, Suhyeok was unable to answer as he looked toward Areum, silently asking help through his eyes. Loving the situation Suhyeok faced, Areum mouthed the word sorry to him as she was unable to help him due to the situation. The tall boy slightly glared at the girl as Suhyeok could see that she loved the situation he faced by her silent giggle. The whole time, the English teacher was watching their interaction causing her to chuckle at Areum's little mischievousness.