𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺

MR. PAMUK'S FUNERAL LEFT MANY FEELINGS ON LOUISE, MAINLY THE REALIZATION THAT SHE COULD DIE AT ANY SECOND. She was scared, scared that she was wasting her life. That is why she secluded herself in her room or in the library at every opportunity she got, the reason being, she was focusing on writing a novel.

Immersing herself in writing this novel gave her hope and a purpose. She got something to look forward and a task in her monotone life.

Louise was getting frustrated with a chapter she was writing. She had already tried writing it four times, she couldn't find the words to explain the scene she had envisioned in her mind. It was the very first time the heroine saw the love interest, and with Louise never have had experienced love, she felt incompetent in that department.

She wanted to write specifically a love story. They were her favourites since she started reading, and to experience love at least one time in her life was a dream of her, for a life without love wasn't life in her eyes. Being frustrated with herself, she threw her manuscript to the floor and went on a mission to find a book from the library to cheer her up, preferably something that did not have romance in it.

Louise was debating the whole way to the library if she should continue writing her novel. She knew it was going to be a nightmare trying to find a publisher who was willing to publish something with her real name on the cover, and she thought that she didn't even know how to write romance.

She was also thinking on a way that she could tell her family about her stories at the paper and the book. Already thoughts of nervousness were clouding her head, but when she was starting to really panic about it, she stumbled with a hard surface.

She almost fell to the ground, but a set of strong hands held her at the waist, protecting from the embarrassment of falling. When her eyes opened, they latched to two beautiful blue eyes. She was mesmerized, she had never had seen eyes quite like that, a clear but stormy blue. Looking at them made her feel something in her soul, a movement in her heart.

Someone cleared their throat, and that made her regain her focus. She stepped away from the person that helped her to not fall and with rosy cheeks she finally looked at him completely. She was handsome, blonde, and fit, probably in his mid to late twenties.

"Is everything alright, my lady?" Carson asked Louise, but looking directly at the strange man.

"Yes Carson, everything is alright." She was really embarrassed with the situation, she really couldn't wait to hide in the library. "Mr.- I'm sorry, I do not know your name."

"Branson, my lady. I'm the new chauffeur." He smiled at her, and she really thought that she was getting a fever with the heat that her cheeks were in.

"Great, yes. Um, Mr. Branson here, Carson, helped me prevent a fall that would have really damaged my non-existent dignity. So really excuse me, I'm going to hide in the library now." She said really fast, wanting to get herself out of this situation. "Thank you, Mr. Branson, and welcome to Downton." She smiled shyly at him, went practically running into the library. After closing the door, she could hear Branson's laugh, and she swooned with the sound.

-----

She could not stop thinking about her encounter with Branson. The only things that she knew about him were that he was Irish and the new chauffeur. But for some reason, she could not shake the feeling she got when he held her with not only his hands, but also his eyes.