Prologue

Y/N RAN, through the heavily snowed mountain with no difficulty, After playing in the mountains with animals all night a large fire could be seen in the skies coming from Y/n's village. Soon later arriving at the village everything was torn into ash, corpses that could be seen left and right, He Instantly ran towards his home hoping his parents were fine or they flee to a safer place but he was wrong. When he opened the doors to his home to see the sight of his father and mother lifeless on the floor with blood everywhere. Y/n got to his knees and took the hands of his mother and father and prayed for them.

A figure with a ponytail and a bloody katana soon later towered over Y/n from behind, The noise of the blood dripping from his sword could be heard as Y/n stopped preying and gently placed the lifeless hands back to their original spot. "You've done this haven't you?" Y/n said getting his father's katana that was next to the dead body. When Y/n touched the katana it turned into a bright red color and time seemed to slow down for young Y/n. 'forgive me father' In a blink of an eye the figure's arms, legs were torn off and left a half-cut neck.

When Y/n saw the figure it had six eyes and a ponytail with red tips also a purple pattern haori. But Y/n ignored all of those things and saw his eyes read upper moon 1. 'mother's story about demons was true' Y/n thought looking down at the demon. The demon's eyes seemed to widen in surprise and anger. "that mark..." the six-eyed creature said, Before Y/n could say anything else a sliding door appeared under them both making Y/n jump to safety but when Y/n looked back at the demon and the door was gone. Leaving Y/n seeking revenge for this "upper moon 1"

~~~

The L/n family always knew the breath of the moon and the passed-down earrings. It was heard the ancient swordsman Michikatsu Tsugikuni was a good friend to the L/n family gifting them moon breathing and his earrings.

This cycle was passed down for generations for the L/n family, When F/n taught his son Y/n, moon breathing he perfected it for the first time. not even that but he had the same markings as the same man who gifted them the breathing.

So why now would he want to kill the family he gifted?