Chapter 44: All These Drama Issues**⚠️

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Just so y'all know- there is a little bit of a season 4 spoiler in case you haven't watched Season 4! Soooo read at your own risk!
CHAPTER 44:

THIRD PERSON POV

The days drag on with a wordless Zelena drowning in her own sorrows, spiraling deeper and deeper, intentionally dodging her boyfriend without a single explanation. A buzz against her thigh awakens the mind she swore she lost, but to ensure it wasn't her uncle she was ignoring, her fingers turn over the phone she'd stuffed beneath her thigh.

I swear if I get one more message from Hawk, I'm going to lose it.

Her head tilts back, suddenly annoyed with her boyfriend for bringing an outside force into this. For bringing Aisha into this when Zelena had intentionally left her out so she could enjoy the life she'd created for herself outside of this war zone between dojos. Her left thumb slides across the screen, tapping view, and begins to type a message back. Before absently sending it, her conscience forces her to read it. This only ends in a deletion of all typed words and a heavy sigh that passes through her lips.

A couple of rings trill on the other side of the electronic device and then the heavenly sound of Aisha's voice triumphs, "What happened? Why aren't you talking to Hawk?"

"Hi, Ish. Nice to talk to you too. I'm doing fine today. Thanks for asking." It drips in friendly sarcasm she's tucked away the last 120 hours since the restaurant disaster and the slightest of smiles cracks through her tough exterior. Only Aisha could do such a thing.

A soft chuckle sounds. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry. It is good to talk to you. But there's clearly something you need to talk about." Rustling of footsteps in the background remind Zelena that she is in fact in a house full of people and most likely has friends over.

Aisha can hear Zelena's hesitation from the other end of the line before her voice rings through, "Ish, I- You don't need to hear any of this."

"No. Don't do that to me. No shutting down. It's just my Aunt and cousins. I'm not busy right now and have nothing to do except listen to you about this."

The brunette girl shoves her head against her free palm in frustration about the whole ordeal, talking herself into thinking it's perhaps an overreaction on her part. Maybe she hadn't needed to storm out or ice out her boyfriend and Sensei after all. No, they acted like complete idiots and actually got into a fist fight that could have gotten either of them in jail. Besides, Robby already has a record and wouldn't be so lucky to get a detention center this time. A heavy sigh escapes her lips. "Robby texted me to take me up on that offer I made him when I went to see him at the detention center."

"Mexican food offer?" Aisha inquires, ensuring she has all the information correct before the story gets as juicy as she thinks it will get. Zelena never did ice someone out without reason.

Zelena hums in agreement, earning a soft 'continue' in response. "I," Her hand runs across the back of her hair on her head, following an
erratic spur of back and forth ruffling, surely messing her locks up. "I took Eli and Johnny with me this time just in case something happened. Johnny drove us and everything was kind of alright when we got there. Obviously he wasn't happy to see his dad or Eli, but it wasn't like I'd done it totally without reason." Aisha nods her head, though their line of communication didn't allow for it to technically show. She 'mhms' instead with a sheepish smile.

A lightbulb goes off in her head, "Do I need to beat Robby's ass, Zel? Because I certainly can and will."

The light upward quirk of her lips grows into a small smirk. "No, Ish."

"Good." Aisha's body lowers into the white, plastic bar stool she's seated on. "I've always liked Robby. Kinda thought you and him would end up together until Sam started dating him."