Lords

TW: mentions of assault

*Evie's P.O.V*

I had gone closer with Daniela and Bela over the next coming weeks. Bela and I's relationship was sort of distant still but she always had kind words to whisper to me when I seemed upset. Daniela was even more excited now that I had accepted her first offer of a gift, she seemed to think that leaving me more would make me happier.

Daniela had left me some organs and pieces of flesh in my room over time. I didn't know how she had gotten in there and she didn't seem keen on telling me. Cassandra was still very distant and I could often feel her gaze burning into my back whenever I was in the same room as her. She had actually stabbed me with her sickle thrice now. I always healed but it still hurt quite a bit.

Now though I think even she felt pity for me since Mother Miranda had showed up and demanded to speak with me. I was led to Lady Dimitrescu's study by a maid who was shaking. I found their fear to be slightly amusing, perhaps because I had used to fear both women terribly so.

I knocked on the study door, waiting for permission to come in. I entered the study, my eyes quickly finding Mother Miranda who was sitting in a plush armchair. I curtsied to her, finding Lady Dimitrescu sitting at the desk in the study. She seemed to be working, or at least pretending to, as Mother Miranda stared me down.

"Hello Mother Miranda," I greeted quietly, wincing when she reached out to touch my face. Her golden talons ran down my face, leaving light scratches.

"How have you been Experiment?" she asked. I wrinkled my nose at the name as I looked away. Her eyes were piercing and they sent absolute chills down my spine. "You have been eating, correct?" she asked as she held my face in place with her fingers so I had no choice but to look at her.

"I have been well Mother Miranda," I said quietly, trying to avoid looking her directly in the eyes. "I have been, Daniela has been bringing me food often when she believes that I need it," I answered as I looked her in the eyes.

"Good, I have heard wonderful things about your behavior from Alcina," Mother Miranda said. Alcina, I didn't know anyone by that name. My eyes flickered to Lady Dimitrescu and I suddenly realized who Alcina was. "For such good behavior, I believe you need a reward. You may leave the Castle and visit any of the Lords so they get to know you," she stated.

"Really?" I asked as I felt a thrill of excitement run up my spine. "They know I'll be visiting them?" I questioned after a moment.

"Yes, I have informed them that you will be visiting. I expect you know how to find their homes?" Mother Miranda asked. I nodded my head as I looked to the shadows longingly. "Go, I gave you those powers for a reason," she waved her hand and I quickly slipped into the shadows. I melted into them, deciding to visit the Beneviento estate first. Traveling through the forest in the shadows was actually quite nice, I could leap and bound effortlessly through the shadowed place.

I reappeared from the shadows when I finally saw the Beneviento estate appear. I decided to walk the rest of the way, feeling flowers brush against my legs as I walked. I took a deep breath to steady my nerves, reaching out to push open the gate. I was suddenly somewhere else, a small room that I had never wanted to end up in again.

"Why can't you be fucking normal," My father hissed as shook me by the shoulders, sending me sprawling on the floor when he let go of me. I glared at him, an intense feeling of rage running through me. My vision went red and suddenly I was hitting him, my hands curled up in fists as he tried to strangle me. I ended up biting his ear off, sending a pair of scissors through his hand.

I was suddenly ripped out of my vision as I stumbled back from the gate. I glared at the house, feeling my body ache from the memory. I disappeared into the shadows, deciding that getting to know this Lord was not something I wanted to do.

I decided to visit the factory next, because it had always interested me. I had seen smoking rising for years and I had always wanted to see what was made in there. I made quick work of traveling there, deciding to approach the same way. There were no flowers, just piles of metal. I heard a sudden roar and winced as I saw lycans climbing over the fences.

Why were there lycans inside the fence of the factory? I yelped as one was upon me, kicking at it as my fingers sank into the humanoid creature's fur. I dug my nails into their skin, hissing when the lycans teeth bit into my shoulder. I quickly realized I was outnumbered and melted into the shadows.

It didn't seem that these Lords wanted me to be there much. Third time was the charm and I ended up going to Reservoir. I ended up finding a door that was barely under the water. I pulled it open, grunting as the bite mark in my shoulder throbbed. I could feel my muscles knitting themselves back together.

"Lord Moreau?" I called as I dropped down the entrance, feeling the water soak through my dress as I landed in a pile of water. "Mother Miranda said I could visit you," I called as I walked through the water. I heard heavy breathing as a figure limped towards me.

"Mother sent you?" the person called and I held back a grimace as I saw Lord Moreau for the first time. It seemed the Cadou had turned him into some sort of fishman and warped his looks. He was hunched over and I stared into his eyes, frowning when I saw the despairing look in his eyes.

"Yes, she wanted me to meet you. It's lovely to meet you Lord Moreau," I said as I curtsied to him, seeing his eyes light up in surprise and delight.

"You're hurt," he said suddenly as he saw the bite mark on my shoulder. "I will heal you, you are good. Mother wouldn't have sent you if you weren't good," he seemed to reassure himself as I followed him deeper into the Reservoir. 

Damn, things did not go well for Evie with her visit to the Lords. Probably would have went better if Mother Miranda had actually told them that she was coming huh?