Chapter 35

"Hello?" I use my shoulder to hold the phone to my ear as I straighten Amelia's blanket.

"Whatcha doin'?" Abi's voice vibrates down the line.

"Not much, just chilling." I raise my voice a little louder. "For the workaholic to actually finish work."

Simon laughs from his spot across from me, shaking his head.

"This is the person who didn't want to leave work until she went into labour speaking to me right now, right?"

"Hilarious." I reply sardonically, but stare dotingly at the blue eyed beauty in front of me. "Jokes on me because now I'm not sure that I'll ever want to go back."

Abi sighs. "I'll drag your ass back if I have to, I can't do this without you."

"You miss me that much, huh?"

"Don't flatter yourself babe. What are you doing at the garage anyway, isn't it a bit loud for Amelia?"

"It's closed, Simon was just catching up on paperwork so Amelia and I decided to pick him up." I peer at Amelia. "Amelia appears to be enjoying this place though."

"That's great." Abi pauses. "I was actually calling to invite you and Simon out to dinner tomorrow night, if your up for it."

"I'd love to but we do-"

"Liv said she'd babysit."

"I don't want to leave her alo-"

"Amelia will be asleep, she won't even notice." Abi interrupts me. "The only person who will be in tears will be you."

I roll my eyes, not from annoyance but from amusement at how well she knows me. "When and where?"

Abi gives me the details and we stay on the phone for a few more minutes before we say our goodbyes.

"Looks like we have plans tomorrow night."

Simon walls towards me and puts the file he was working on into the drawer beside me. "We do?"

I nod. "Dinner with Abi and Hayden."

"Like a double date?" He smirks, taking Amelia into his arms when she starts to become agitated.

"You wish."

He shrugs.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Are you sure you're good with this?" I ask for the sixteenth time since Olivia got here. "I can stay if you want."

Simon wraps his arm over my shoulder and pulls me towards him. "Not happening. You agreed to this so you're not ditching me so that I have to third wheel the happy couple."

"I hate you."

"No you don't." He smirks.

"And now I'm sick of third wheeling." Liv stands up, albeit awkwardly due to the size of her bump and directs us towards the front door. "Curfews one, don't do anything I wouldn't do kiddos."

I laugh pulling open the car door. Simon revs the engine and before I know it we're heading towards the bar.

Simon and I make it to the bar first, so we pick a high circular table with some bar stools close to the open fire and television. 

"What can I get you guys?" The blonde waitress asks after approaching us.

"I'll just have a Pepsi, thanks." My kind smile begins to fade when she doesn't even glance my way, too busy ogling Simon.