}•{ More truth?

~•} C H A P T E R|18 {•~

Just a centimeter.

Just a centimeter away his fist halted and he pulled his hand back to see her.

Whereas she was breathing heavily with her eyes closed shut in fear, prepared for the hit which never came.

Not feeling any pain, her forehead creased as she slowly fluttered her eyes open.

Her eyes connected with his, and he stepped back maintaining some distance and not looking into her eyes anymore.

Her lungs constricted painfully as again that unsettling feeling germinated inside her.

The chat message her father sent in the evening swirled in her mind.

'Everything will be fine. Don't worry he won't leave you.'

Inhaling a sharp breath she balled her fists to muster the courage to execute what she thought.

It was no lie that her parents wouldn't help her in this case or if she wanted to separate.

So he was her only hope.

She knew he was hurting from inside due to the false allegations of forcing himself upon that girl when whatever they did must be consensual.

Even when he cheated on her, he had become a victim of false accusation himself and that was wrong.

So wrong.

And it was true that he was deeply regretting his earlier actions of performing adultery.

Regret was almost visible on his face!

But the thing was, what was done was done. They should look forward to what was to happen and what should be happened.

They needed to converse like adults rather than wasting her and his time in these guilty games.

He was already regretting and guilty so she didn't want to increase his guilt anymore.

A mutual separation would be enough. She would be fine with that because he didn't keep her in dark that he loved her and then cheated on her. Yes, cheating hurt but due to love not being involved it wasn't that painful and the suffocating feeling would go as soon as they separated, she was sure!

Also, she wasn't a superwoman who had the power and energy to fight against him in court alone without the support of her family. She didn't have the energy to bear the hate from his fans. She didn't have the energy to go through the dirty allegations and mind games lawyers tend to play.

She was just a normal woman who didn't have the will and energy to go through all that and destroy her mental health...

She was being selfless, selfish, and smart at the same time.