Fair Dealings

Hello welcome to page 2. This is Part 1 of the Spectacular fics I'll be writing here! If you don't know what Spectacular Spider-Man is then go find it online! But enough about that, let's talk about Shocker real quick. Definitely some big hat energy coming from that dude. I think he's a cool character, and his voice is nice. Now go read.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 It was a warm Summer night in New York, and since the cops had just released you from Prison, you decided to celebrate you freedom at your favorite haunt. You figured a few drinks and a game of Pool wouldn't hurt after the time you spent inside. Gathering together your favorite outfit and grabbing your keys, you made your way out the apartment and down the street.

 When you finally made it, you took a look up at the glowing sign above and smiled. "Ah, it's good to be back under the Big Sky." You said, heading down the stairs and opening the entrance door. Stepping inside, you noticed the place was packed with more patrons than you'd care to accept. Some were rowdy, some were quiet. A few of the Pool tables were taken up, you had noticed, so you quickly made your way to the Bar. Sitting down at the very end, you acknowledged the Bartender with a tiny nod and he came over to you. "What'll it be?" He asked, cleaning off one of the beer steins. "Give me something strong. I'm celebrating." You said with a sly grin. The Bartender nodded and went to make the drink, leaving you to watch the TV perched above your seat. A Football game was playing, though which teams you couldn't tell, as the reception was cutting in and out. You let out a huff and pulled out a tiny notebook, flipping through to read the things you and your cellmates had written in it. There wasn't anything graphic, mostly just jokes and little sketches of things you liked. The Bartender almost startled you when he set down your drink. "Strongest I got is this." He said, walking off. You looked at the cup and swirled the contents around once. "Eh, Whiskey's better than nothing." You said, taking a sip and almost recoiling from the taste. Whiskey was your least favorite drink, but the alcohol content was worth every bitter second. Continuing to flip through your book, you didn't notice the men sitting down at the other end of the Bar, who had clearly noticed you. One man eventually got up and sat down in the seat next to you, which made you move your drink to your other side. "Well howdy, darlin'." The man said, tipping his large white cowboy hat to you. You glanced over at him and nodded slightly. You didn't want to have any interactions here, but you figured it couldn't be helped. "You know I'd much rather just sit here alone, thanks." You said after a few moments. The man frowned a bit and sat forward, nursing his near empty glass. "Heard you were celebrating, figured I'd come by and see just what exactly it was you were celebrating about." He then said, glancing over at you. "Well if you must know, I just got outta Jail." You began, taking another drink from your glass. "Been in for about 8 months. Guess the city doesn't take too kindly to colorful spray art here. Oh well, doesn't matter to me. Did my time and now I'm out having fun. I don't need anyone else celebrating with me." You set down an empty glass and rested your hand on your face; a kind of pained expression plastered where smiles once stood. The man felt sorry for you, and signaled the Bartender for more drinks. "I reckon you could do with another drink." He said and you shrugged. "So what exactly did you create that got you tossed in with the others?" The man asked after a moment. "I repainted a Daily Bugle billboard because I couldn't stand to see that ugly ass face staring at me through the window every fucking day." You snapped, regretting it when the whole room fell silent. You rested your head on the Bar top and clutched the back of your head with your hands, embarrassment taking hold of your thoughts. The Bartender set down the drinks and the room returned to normal, allowing your embarrassment to ease slightly. "Would you be alright if we celebrated you gettin' out together, darlin'?" The man asked and you looked at him with mild confusion. "I mean, sure I guess, but I don't even know you." You said and the man chuckled softly. "Call me Montana." He said, tipping his hat to you again. You almost smiled a little when he did that. "(y/n)." You replied, and Montana gave you a warm smile.

 The next hour or so was filled with the two of you exchanging stories about each other, occasionally stopping to finish a drink before picking right back up. You liked Montana a lot. He was a friendly kind of guy who never failed to make you laugh. You were glad to have met him and shared your story. Nobody else was ever interested in you or anything you had to say except for those Prison friends of yours. Montana could see just how upbeat you had gotten since he first introduced himself, and it made him feel just a little bit happier with his own life. "I'm fixin' to play a round. Would you care to join, (y/n)?" He asked, directing to the nearby Pool table. "Sure, but I'm not the best at it." You said, following the cowboy to the empty table. "That don't matter much to me. So long as your having fun." he said with a wink, and it caused you to blush involuntarily. Maybe you were just drunk or something. There's no way he was flirting with you, was there? You certainly didn't want to get involved with somebody so soon, but you couldn't deny an underlying attraction to the man. You stood by and watched him set up the game, holding onto the Pool cue you were just handed in anticipation. "Age before beauty." You said jokingly as Montana finished setting up. He let out a chuckle and fixed his hat. "If you insist, darlin'."

 You had to admit, he was really good at this game.

...

 Eventually it had gotten late and everybody but the two of you had left for the night. You let out a quiet yawn and propped yourself up with the Pool cue, hoping you wouldn't tip over and fall. Montana stretched a bit before cleaning up the game, acknowledging your tiredness. "Want me to get you back home, (y/n)?" He asked, finishing up and walking with you out the front door. You muttered something inaudible before snuggling into the man's side. "I'll take that as a yes." He said, locking the door and helping you up the stairs to the main street. You instinctively started walking in the direction of home, and Montana held you at his side so you wouldn't fall over. You nearly passed out while walking but eventually made it to your Apartment building. Montana shook you awake a bit, and you looked around trying to get your bearings. "You should get some shut eye, (y/n). Now I brought you back home so's you could do that, alright?" Montana said, and you hummed in agreement. The cowboy hummed back, and headed off back to his home. "Hey, Mr. Texas man..." You said groggily with faint drunken undertones. Montana turned to see you with a stupidly large grin on your face. "Don't be a stranger and hang out with me..." You said, amusing the man. "Tomorrow! Swear on it!" You exclaimed. "Alright, I swear. Tomorrow at Big Sky, sound fair?" He asked and you cheered. "WOOHOO I got a hot date!" Was the last Montana heard from you as you dipped into the building and headed upstairs.

 Tomorrow was gonna be one eventful and hectic day...