Chapter 14

"You are back." Rhea smiled seeing him as soon as she opened her eyes. She is so relieved that he is back because that meant the dark lord is gone. She shivered lightly remembering his domineering presence. 

"Did you sleep well?" Severus asked smiling down at her from beside. He placed the book on the table beside the bed. "Are you hungry? Lucius sent an elf so that we won't starve." 

"We can go out and eat." Rhea looked at him confused.

"He asked if we ate when I called after I returned to see how's the situation back at the manor. I said that you are sleeping, so he thought it's best if he sent an elf to cook for us instead." Severus said and Rhea nodded.

"Let's eat first before I answer your questions." Severus said and she nodded again before turning away from him to stand up. She looked at the mirror beside the bed and huffed. Her hair is too much. Why can't it be like Parvati's? Parvati's hair is so soft and it doesn't even become messy after she wakes up in the morning. Rhea wanted to ask her what she does to keep her hair nicely, but Hermione scolded her for caring about such trivial things instead of studying or worrying about her life as Voldemort is after her. 

"What's wrong?" Severus asked as she looked into the mirror for too long. 

"My hair won't stay in it's place." Rhea whined lightly not realizing until it's too late. "Sorry-"

"Don't." Severus said and came to her side and pulled her up and went towards the mirror. "Why should your hair stay in it's place when you look so cute like this?" 

Rhea blushed and looked away from the mirror when Severus said that. She didn't know he is this nice. Why was he so rude to her before? He is like completely a different man now. She quite liked this version of him. She just hoped that he won't go back to that version of him again. That version of Severus is too frightening. If there is someone she was afraid other than Voldemort back then, it was Severus. Not because he will kill her, but his words hurt more than any sword. 

"Let's eat." Severus once again steered her away from her thoughts and led her to the kitchen plus dining room in the house. 

"Dursleys have the same type of kitchen." She said looking around. "I used to cook there, but not fed until they finished eating. Sometimes, Vernon would eat more than he eats daily just so that I won't get anything to eat."

"You never have to go back there and suffer again." Severus said his hand tightening around her shoulder in clear anger. 

"I know." She smiled at him brightly and his heart leapt out at the sight. She just woke up from sleep and her eyes were a bit misty and her cheeks were red, hair still messy and that bright smile on her face made him want to take her right then and there. His vampire side begging him to let it take over and drink some blood from their mate completing their bond finally. 

Cough. Severus loosened his grip on her and moved away before he does something that he will surely regret in the future. He pulled a chair out for her and she looked at him surprised and touched. She sat and gave him another small smile as he sat beside her. The food appeared in front of them automatically and Severus served them before she can do it. 

"I used to cook at my home when I was teenager too." Severus said trying to think about bitter memories that will make him angry. "My father hates me because I have magic as he is a muggle just like your uncle."

"Oh my!" She gasped and looked at him wide-eyed. "It was better for me as he is my uncle. But your father- What about your mother?" 

"She is a witch. As I said, my mother is a Prince family daughter. She loved that man so dearly that she just watched silently even if he beat me to death when I was 7." His hand clenched around the fork.