Dolores-2

It was the day of Camilo's gift ceremony, 10 years ago. You were still adjusting to the pressures of your gift, and the cons of being able to hear anything 5 miles away.

You and (Y/N) were merely 12 year olds, too old to play around with kids, yet too young to help around with the adults.

You had to find hobbies, so that your current life wasn't gonna kill you with how boring and empty it is.

(Y/N) had already found his hobby, and he has been working on it for a long time now.

(Y/N) had discovered paints from his grandfather, who was a painter back when he was still alive.

(Y/N) had been painting around lots of canvases, to the point where his artworks looks like they were drawn by an adult.

You were also starting to discover a hidden talent, a new hobby, Music.

Most of the sounds you hear are unpleasant and non-harmonuous, but when you play the instruments in your room, the sounds from them feel nice when they reach your ears.

The sound of music calmed your ears, and acted as a distraction from the different noises that you were always hearing.

Your mom, Pepa, had thankfully gotten different instruments from her friends around the Encanto.

Your papa Felix, and tio Agustin had helped each other carry the big and heavy instruments inside your room.

The instruments were scattered around the auditorium, many different types caught your eyes, ranging from a piano, to violins.

The instruments though had no design to them, they were simply the colors they came in, although they were pleasant to your ears, they were bland to your eyes.

"Are you happy, mí vida?" Your mama's voice caught your attention as it echoes around the auditorium.

You ecstatically nod your head as you showed great interest in playing and mastering each of these instruments infront of you.

"Thank you so much, mama!" You jump around as you wrap your hands around your mother's yellow dress.

The sun above the Encanto grew hotter as Pepa hugged you back, rainbows and beautiful cloudless skies greeted the townsfolk.

"Oh, you're welcome! Let's go eat first, your papa was really tired after carrying these much things inside." Your mama caressed your hair with her soft and warm hand.

You hold your mother's hand tightly as she leads the two of you outside and into the dining room to eat your lunch.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

You sat around the rectangular table with your family members scattered about, which includes the secluded and introverted Bruno Madrigal.

Everyone was excited and proud of Camilo, who was next in line to get a gift from the family miracle.

"I'm sure you'll get a gift that will definitely help the Encanto!" Abuela gleefully exclaimed.

Camilo was also not short of excited himself that he'd be getting a special gift too.

Pepa and Felix held their son's small body with pride and love.

The young girl, your prima, Mirabel, would then be the only Madrigal left without a gift, which she would hopefully get later in the year.

The lunch was quick, and light, all the special and fancy food were saved for later dinner.

You finish your meal and head back to your auditorium, where you were excited to test every instrument, no matter how much or how little you know of them.