Chapter 31

The three year old girl ran in the vast backyard, she jumped, ran and fell all over, each time she got up and ran again, not stopping to even catch a breath.
She was too energetic, and her learning to walk at a young age didn't help.

She put her white bear stuffy inside her shirt and with the help of her tiny hands she slowly and carefully started climbing up the tree. With little huffs she finally reached the thick branch and carefully sat on it.

She pulled out her bear and sat it beside her, she turned towards her stuffy and started talking to him, Charlie as she named him.

Fifteen minutes later she heard yelling and screaming. Her heart beat sped up, 'what's going on?'

"Sweetheart, where are you?" The sixteen year old teenager yelled, running outside to search for the toddler.

Her head snapped to the boy's  voice, she now wanted to get down, she looked down and immediately tears filled her eyes seeing how far she climbed.

It was too far, she was scared and started trembling, her cries got louder, her sobs wrecking her whole body.

"Where are you baby? Please!" The second voice spoke, his voice worried.

With her tiny fists she rubbed her eyes to clear her vision from the clear liquid, her sobs becoming more louder and apparent catching the boys' attention.

The eldest ran towards where the crying was coming from.

He reached the tree and looked up, the other three followed him and stood beside him, concern on their faces.

"Nevaeh baby, where are you?" He gently spoke.

At the sound of his voice her head perked up, she looked down and bursted into tears, her violet eyes filled with tears breaking their hearts.

"Santi!" She cried out, clutching her bear tighter to her chest.

Sighs of relief left their mouths when they heard her voice, "yeah baby, it's me, I need to go come down okay?" He gave her an encouraging smile.

She instantly shook her head, her brown curls with blond highlights going everywhere and all over her face.

"N-no, I-I'm scared!" A new wave of fresh tears fell down her rosy cheeks.

He sighed, but then an idea came to his mind, "Okay hun, I need you to listen to me clearly okay?" He spoke, his voice now becoming more stern.

She sniffled, and then nodded, "okay." She whisper.

"Good, okay, I need you to jump okay? And I'll catch you." He said, hoping that the young girl will listen to him.

She immediately shook her head, her crying now increasing, "N-no! What if I fall?"

She clutched her bear tighter, immediately refusing the idea the teenager suggested.

"Nevaeh, I promise to catch you, you trust me right?" He spoke gently, giving the girl a soft smile.

The girl looked down at the boy, her tears blurring her vision.

She nodded, "Y-you promise?" She hiccuped.

He smiled, his arms spreading wide open to catch her, "I promise."

Nevaeh clutched her bear tightly and closed her eyes, a shaky breath leaving her as more tears fell down her delicate face.

Taking a deep breath in she let go of the branch and felt herself float in the air, her eyes shut tightly and she braced herself for the harsh impact she'd feel when she hits the ground.

But she didn't.

Strong arms caught her and held her close, she immediately recognized the person by their touch and smell.

She broke down and started climbing on him till she reached his neck and nestled her face there. She cried in relief and hiccuped feeling the boys hand ran up and down her back, whispering sweet things in her ear to calm her down, which his calm soothing voice did.

Her cries decreased till they were just small hiccups and sniffles.

"Shh, it's okay baby. I told you I'd catch you." He whispered in her ear and kissed her forehead.

She lifted her head from his neck and looked at him, her violet eyes meeting his bright blue ones.

"Y-you found m-me." She whispered with a hiccup.

The boy smiled, rubbing her cheek tenderly with the pad of his thumb and kissed her tears. He leaned his forehead on her small one and smiled at her.

"I always have, and I'll always will find you."

Those were his last words to her before their life turned upside down, and for the worse.