Chapter 26 Not your fault

Ashlynn's POV-

"Can I go see him?" I asked Alfie. I really wanted to see how my dad was doing, but there was a tiny part in me that was not ready to face him.

He was in that hospital bed at the very moment because of me and seeing him like that would just be too much.

"Not right now, there are still a few tests the doctors need to do. You can probably go in after like half an hour though. Get some rest before that." He answered while giving me a sympathetic smile.

I nodded and sat back down on the couch, closing my eyes in the hope of getting some sleep.

But obviously I couldn't. I mean don't get me wrong, I was EXTREMELY sleep deprived. But I just can't sleep in public places where like hundreds of strangers are preasent.

Call it a paranoid assassin instinct or whatever.

I sat there with my eyes closed, trying not to relive the day I just had and all those memories that wanted to surface back inside my head.

Viola sat next to me and put a comforting hand on my shoulder while giving me a reassuring smile. I returned the gesture and went back to the horrific memories playing in my head.

I never tell anybody about these episodes as the only thing they'll suggest is going to a therapist.

But I don't understand how they expect me to just share my whole life story with a freaking STRANGER who might be working with the enemy. (Remember the paranoid assassin thing?)

There are some things from my past that even I just wanna forget, so how the hell am I supposed to TALK about it.

I'm bought out of my thoughts when I hear shuffling besides me. I look up to see Ace sitting on the couch and putting on his shoes while fixing his clothes as well.

"Where are you going?" I asked quitly so only he could hear and nobody else will be disturbed.

"Just the vending machine to get some coffee and food. Figured everyone will be hungry once they wake up. Wanna come?" He said in the same quite voice.

"Mhm" I nodded and followed him to the vending machine down the hallways and got my much needed coffee.

While walking towards the machine, Ace Started "soooooooo.."

I turned my head towards him and raised my eyebrows "sooo?"

"What happened?" He asked in a soft voice.

"Nothing much" I shrugged and kept my face blank.

"Nothing much? Yeah, I don't buy that." He scoffed.

"Look, he's dead. It's over" I sighed, my eyes glued to the floor.

"Look, obviously you're not okay and stop pretending like you are. I don't even WANT to imagine what HE could have put you through in the time you were there. And it's alright if you don't wanna talk about it right now, but just know I'm here if you need to talk okay? Don't do anything stupid. Just come to me please." He said in a brotherly manner, while wrapping his arm around my good shoulder.

See, this is why I love him. He never pressures me to tell him anything because he knows and trusts me enough that I'll tell him when I want to.

I nodded and took a sip out of the coffee I had just gotten.

Ace practically INHALED his snack and we took some food for Vi and Lix as well for when they wake up.

We headed back to the waiting area and I started to doze off, my head on Ace's shoulder and his arm still wrapped protectively over mine.