00.20

I FROWN AS I look up at the daycare entrance.

My mom nudges me from behind, placing a hand on my head. "I'll be back in a couple of hours. C'mon, don't be such a baby."

Tears want to fall from my eyes, but I hold them back. "Do you have to go to work?" I ask. She sighs softly, and crouches down to cup my cheek in her hand. "Yes, Y/N. With your father gone, I have to support us, somehow. It's going to be fine." She tells me. "I promise."

A large, animatronic, makes it way up to us at the gate. His bright yellow appearance makes me stare up at him with amusement. "Aww~ hello sweetie!" He grins down at me. "Is this your first time here?" He asks.

Mom stands up, and nudges me forward again. I smile nervously up at the Sun.
I open my mouth to reply, but get cut off.

"Yes, it is. She's a little freaked out, but I'm running really late." My mom answers for me. "Just keep an eye on her. She's independent, for the most part."

The sun nods his head. "No problem! I'll make sure she has the best day ever!" Sun grins down at me. "She's in good hands~!"

"Bye, Y/N. I'll pick you up later." Mom waves, and leaves me to be with the animatronic. I wave back, my smile wavering in return.

"How old are you?" Sun asks, head tilting quizzically. I turn back to face him, after watching my mother leave until she was completely out of sight.
I give him a good look over, as he reaches his hand out, for me to grab. "Nine. I don't know why I'm in a . . daycare." My voice pouts.

"Hmm— well! Sometimes, there aren't other places to go. Guess you're stuck with me, now!" Sun pinches my cheek and grins brightly.

It hurts, but I don't think he realizes.

"I guess so," I allow an uneasy smile on my face, my hand rubbing my now, sore, cheek. He was so tall. So . . bright.

Why did mom have to leave me here? I'd probably be fine at home by myself. Not that much can happen to me, being home alone.

"Well Gumdrop, I'm Sun!" He takes me into the daycare. I mam follow suit. There was a giant ball pit, toy houses, and even play structures with slides attached.

"I'm Y/N. But . . I think I like the nickname gumdrop, better." I smile softly.

"Well then, that's what I'll call you, from now on!" He pats my head.

After a few hours of running around, talking, and playing, Sun and I got to know each other a bit better. I notice the other children winding down, settling into their sleeping bags. 
Sun saw the curious look on my face, and told me it was time for naptime. Some of the other children groaned with annoyance at the alert, while others had already obliged.

I feel a little too old to be taking a nap, but I had to admit, I was a little tired, after running around so much.

Sun smiled, as he walked over to the light switch. "Okay children, be good for Moon! He doesn't want to have to put any of you in time out~" sun chuckles softly.